sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
I play COD almost literally all day because it is the only thing that can really remotely distract me from life. I picked it up a couple months ago and it was so fun to play as a newbie! It was so exciting and everything was so new to me. Watching my skills improve over time was a nice experience, and for once in a long time I felt kind of okay. Over time I've witnessed more and more toxic behaviour in gaming, and I've been ridiculed despite trying my best. There's so much bullying, racism, and sexism in the chat, it's absolutely disgusting. I just got called an "eHoe" by someone on the other team... I didn't even say/do anything.

Things like this just make gaming not fun and not safe, I can't even imagine how someone could say some of the things these players say, it makes me sick. I hate how every time I think life might be getting a little better, it just comes back and bites me in the ass.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless, AllReturnsToNothing, serah and 1 other person
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I'm not a gamer but I hear a lot of crap about the gaming communities being toxic. Don't know what it is that turn people into such raging arseholes. Take smashbros for example, lot of sexual misconduct accusations, there was a 15 year old girl that got bullied because she managed to beat a pro, one guy couldn't handle losing and decided to physically assault the guy who won etc.

Reactions: sadghost
Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
All video game communities have toxic people, especially competitive online games.

The only communities where toxic people are not abundant is in games where competition is not important and where the game is difficult to learn to play, for example, I play Elite Dangerous, a space simulator, and there it is difficult to find toxic people.

But on the other hand, I play counter strike a lot where it's full of toxic people.

• Hugs
Reactions: Garbage Person and sadghost
serah

serah

Student
May 6, 2020
I play league almost everyday and definitely have experienced my fair share of toxic players. I think it's best just to ignore them as best as you can or just to laugh it off honestly.

• Hugs
Reactions: Fragile and sadghost
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Some games are worse than others. I used to play MMOs. WoW was pretty awful but LOTRO had a really respectful community, mostly because they were geeks lol. I played the original Guild Wars and that was pretty decent in terms of community.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
There are some lovely people in the gaming community, but the competitive gaming world can be extremely toxic. I don't really play any competitive games so I am safe from the bad vibes.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
As others have mentioned some games/genres are indeed worse. COD games are notorious for having a toxic community. Don't let one community put you off entirely.