• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

H

Heart of Ice

Chillin'
Sep 26, 2019
This seems like a stupid thing to make a thread about, but I have seen stupider threads recently.

Would these be a good fit for a tourniquet method? Anyone have an idea? Or better yet, if anyone here has any military or paramedic experience, do tell me what these things are like. I've also seen some colourful tourniquets on Ebay, probably for kids.

My main ideas for why this could not be such a good idea are:
  • Not enough pressure, somehow. Probably will have enough pressure, as this is to cut of blood flow in legs and arms.
  • Too much pressure on the windpipe. Probably not an issue, as less pressure is needed for the carotids.
  • These seem too wide, a narrower strap could be more useful for blocking the carotids.
  • The material looks a bit harsh and might be uncomfortable on the skin. It's so wide I don't think it will be problem, though.
Any ideas or comments?

Last edited:
GhostedToast

GhostedToast

Wants to disappear
Sep 25, 2018
we had these in an EMT course i did, they can be difficult to fully tighten but are easy once you get used to them. we would put them high up on our thighs to practice and after a really short amount of time it would stop blood flow greatly.

Reactions: Heart of Ice
S

SweetSpot086

Experienced
Aug 25, 2019
Use ratchet straps instead..25mm wide ones

mycabbages

mycabbages

still here
Oct 23, 2019
Also a DIY tourniquet can be made easily with something like a shirt and a wooden spoon. Can tell it work fine from experience. Would have cbt'd already if my SI weren't so darn stubborn and unwound the tourniquet last minute.

H

Heart of Ice

Chillin'
Sep 26, 2019
Also a DIY tourniquet can be made easily with something like a shirt and a wooden spoon. Can tell it work fine from experience. Would have cbt'd already if my SI weren't so darn stubborn and unwound the tourniquet last minute.

The main advantage of using a CAT tourniquet is that the windlass won't unwind itself by accident. You could absolutely achieve the same with some duct tape, a spoon and a scarf or something. I have time and money to spend, so I'm looking for the best method.

And for the record, a CAT tourniquet will work but it is a bit awkward around the neck. That has been my experience anyway.