Is finding a job hard in 2024?

• Total voters
middlelord

middlelord

Oct 22, 2023
Yo, I'm from Indonesia. Graduated with a Law bachelor's degree in January. Been searching for a job, or even an internship for 8 months and still can't find it. It's lowkey the reason why I'm back in this forum after a few months.

I've just been curious, how's the job market in your area / job positions like these days?

• Hugs
Reactions: wCvML2, Forever Sleep and kinderbueno
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yeah, finding and getting hired for a job is hard. I honestly have no idea how normies are content with life when the job market as well as the job itself is so tough. It's so unfair that life requires so much effort just to survive. I honestly think that we should easily get a job if we did well in education but sadly education is essentially almost meaningless nowadays in terms of getting a career due to the increased competition

Reactions: sserafim, kinderbueno, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
4 months in here, I keep getting pulled into bullshit bullshit, with must watch webinars and zoom calls where you're competing with 20 people for ONE position JUST in that moment. It may be hundreds in reality. I feel fucking hopeless. And since homelessness is now a crime….. At least I feel ready for jail huh?

• Hugs
Reactions: kinderbueno, middlelord and GuessWhosBack
middlelord

middlelord

Oct 22, 2023
Yeah, finding and getting hired for a job is hard. I honestly have no idea how normies are content with life when the job market as well as the job itself is so tough. It's so unfair that life requires so much effort just to survive. I honestly think that we should easily get a job if we did well in education but sadly education is essentially almost meaningless nowadays in terms of getting a career due to the increased competition
Yeah, most entry level jobs now requires x years of job experience of the same position. So like wait a minute, that's not entry level then.

4 months in here, I keep getting pulled into bullshit bullshit, with must watch webinars and zoom calls where you're competing with 20 people for ONE position JUST in that moment. It may be hundreds in reality. I feel fucking hopeless. And since homelessness is now a crime….. At least I feel ready for jail huh?
Yeah exactly man, i always see myself burried in the hundreds of applicants (a few of the are laid off experienced professionals) for one job positions. Anyway, jail doesn't seem that bad, you get free food at least.... XD jk, good luck man.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, opheliaoveragain and kinderbueno
kinderbueno

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
Yes definitely. I'm scared about not being able to find a part time job if I move for uni because I really need money to buy antiemetics and SN

Reactions: ijustwishtodie