I

InezSerrano

Experienced
Dec 3, 2021
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask. I asked a tor imageboard, found no real answers. I saw a post on reddit saying there used to be a onion version of this site?

justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021
It wasn't a version of this site, but it had same name (the name itself came from the subredit that got banned). I saw a screenshot of it in some old article.

I

InezSerrano

Experienced
Dec 3, 2021
It wasn't a version of this site, but it had same name (the name itself came from the subredit that got banned). I saw a screenshot of it in some old article.
Oh I see, thanks, sorry, I don't know the lore.

justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021
Oh I see, thanks, sorry, I don't know the lore.

First came alt.suicide.holiday aka ASH, but Usenet newsgroups lost popularity over time. Some parts of it still remain, scattered over the Internet.
Then came Sanctioned Suicide subredit, but it was bad for business, and it got shut down.
Refugees from it created this forum. No one knows what future holds.

Reactions: whatevs, chocolatebar, mlha and 1 other person
I

InezSerrano

Experienced
Dec 3, 2021
First came alt.suicide.holiday aka ASH, but Usenet newsgroups lost popularity over time. Some parts of it still remain, scattered over the Internet.
Then came Sanctioned Suicide subredit, but it was bad for business, and it got shut down.
Refugees from it created this forum. No one knows what future holds.
Hard to shut down a website. At worst you have to go darkweb, but I think the sourcing ban makes that unlikely. You could set up a Dread (darkweb Reddit) as a sister site, that could allow sourcing.

Maybe someone could pressure the domain registrar for .org? IDK, worst case you switch to .ru or something.