S

Sailfisher

F’ing A
Apr 19, 2019
Can you be so tired and depressed that you don't even feel like going to CTB?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Rocksandsand, mrlcrak, DrownedOctopus and 8 others
A

Allpainnogain

Experienced
May 2, 2019
Absolutely. Doing it and making sure you don't fail / get caught requires a lot of effort unfortunately

Reactions: Rocksandsand, Dartz, Circles and 1 other person
F

Fadingfast

Come in peace, go in peace
May 9, 2019
Yes. Maybe it is a form of SI? Sorry I don't have more to add.

Reactions: Circles, NoOneKnows and Ivenocare
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
Yes, most days I can't even get out of bed.

Reactions: LivedTooLong, Rocksandsand, Walilamdzi and 6 others
Xaphous

Xaphous

hikikomori
Nov 11, 2018
Suicidal thoughts are the most mentally draining type of thoughts you can have .

Reactions: LivedTooLong, Rocksandsand, Isabelx and 5 others
AngelGirl

AngelGirl

Cat
May 18, 2019
That is actually one of the reason why people with severe depression don't ctb. Because when you are so depressed, you simply just can't do anything.

That's why many antidepressants are known to "cause" suicides. I'm on SSRI's. I was advised to immediately seek help if I my suicidal ideations get worse.
Antidepressants can make you more energetic, and that's why severely depressed people with suicidal ideations finally have the energy to actually kill themselves. Antidepressants don't really change your thoughts so your suicidal ideations can still be there with energy to expand on your negative thoughts.

Reactions: LivedTooLong, HGL91, Lookingforabus and 11 others
Monster

Monster

Apr 26, 2019
Exactly what AngelGirl said ^

Reactions: Circles
Life+me=error

Life+me=error

Warlock
May 22, 2019
Antidepressants can make you more energetic, and that's why severely depressed people with suicidal ideations finally have the energy to actually kill themselves.
Wow never knew that. Good to know.

Reactions: HGL91, Rocksandsand, Sailfisher and 1 other person
Letmego. Please

Letmego. Please

Wizard
Nov 18, 2018
It's well know that as a person with clinical depression begins to recover, i.e cease's being catatonic & regaining some motivation, that looks like recovery but is in fact the most dangerous time as the person still has the same thoughts & now has the energy to act on them.

Some of it is down to the modern anti depressants as @AngelGirl said they are to a depressed person, well me anyway amusingly able to increase suicidal thoughts, though that is usually at it worst in the first 2-4wks & more so for some reason if the person is under 25.
I have been around sadly long enough to predate all modern anti d's, pre Prozac you had the choice of Tricyclic or MAOI's (which were nasty things that you oddly couldn't eat cheese with without serious side effects!!) I have seen my notes from that time & twice they thought i had turned a corner only to find it backfired on all of us. So yes modern Ad's have an effect but it is also a feature of clinical depression sadly.

Reactions: LivedTooLong and Rocksandsand
A

Allpainnogain

Experienced
May 2, 2019
I am not recovering and I am on 7 different meds. I need this pain to end.

Reactions: Rocksandsand
Sick Boy

Sick Boy

Student
Oct 19, 2018
My depression makes me feel exausted all day and the warm hot weather does not help at all

Reactions: Rocksandsand
Numbtopain97

Numbtopain97

deader than dead
Aug 10, 2019
Yeah, I just wanna go to sleep and not wake up. Maybe that's why I do nothing but sleep lately.

Reactions: Rocksandsand and Baskol1