toperish

toperish

Apr 7, 2023
CTB-ing have always been in my mind but I have too much shit that I can't leave behind so instead I've thought of looking for other ways to cope.

Unfortunately however, the more "better" ways to cope are ineffective the more I go further in life so I'll be diverting to the "less better" ones.

Alcoholism is expensive and will damage your kidneys.
Smoking is expensive and can damage your lungs.

I decided to go with cutting because a blade doesn't cost that much. My only problem is, I don't really know how to do it...

I wonder if anyone could direct me on how to do it, like tips or whatever...

Jealous Blackheart

Jealous Blackheart

A Well Read Demon
Aug 25, 2023
Cutting will permanently damage your skin. Depending on where you live in the world, the trips to the hospital for stitches and infections will also cost you and are inconvenient. Depending on where you cut it's going to be visible and likely interpreted as attention-seeking behavior. I can go on. If you're no in the habit already, don't start.

There are other (and better, cheaper, more convenient) ways to cope. Keep looking. 🖤

Reactions: chester
Just_Another_Person

Just_Another_Person

Student
Sep 16, 2024
There was another topic about cutting sometime ago and the people that did it DO NOT recommend trying/starting.

May I suggest a "healthy" copping way? Sports, gym, hobbies (paper craft, knitting, list goes on), voluntary work...
It is proven that physical exercise can make the mood go up and ease depression/anxiety.
Hobbies will keep your mind busy and you probably gonna spend sometime "studying" for it, which means you gonna focus on it so you can be better at it.
Voluntary work... well, either you can feel good about helping people... or by seeing others in worst situation/misery 💀.

Edit: you can also cope by losing money by donating it to charity, but I guess no one will want to cope like this 😂

I would suggest therapy/psychotherapy too, but I don't think you gonna hear this one.

I hope you feel better op, best wishes!