• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

P

PooksPerishes

Jun 2, 2019
I have a bunch of isoflurane for inhalation which is what we use to keep animals under sedation during surgery. I was wondering if anyone knew how toxic it was to drink it vs inhaling it. I'm thinking tonight is the night

Reactions: Baskol1, Donewith_ and Rocksandsand
Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
This is a bad idea. (Anesthestics in general are a bad choice for a drug OD on their own, as they were specifically developed as a safer way to induce unconciousness in surgery patients than barbiturates or opiates. Anesthestic drugs exist exactly because they're not likely to be fatal.)

The MSDS on isoflurane indicate a massive LD50 for isoflurane in both rats and mice. Lethal doses tend to be higher in bigger mammals, such as humans, so someone wanting a fatal OD would want to ingest (and keep down) a lot more than just the listed LD50 for a smaller mammal. (And keep in mind that LD50 is the amount fatal to *half* the population, which is far from a guarantee.)

hxxps://buffportal.mdc-berlin.de/data/wiki_pages/51/Sicherheitsdatenblatt_Isofluran.pdf

The oral LD50 in rats is almost 5 grams per kilo, so someone wanting to OD on this particular drugs would need to ingest over a kilogram of this for a good chance of dying. (500 grams would hit the LD50 for rats, assuming 100kgs or so of mass, but we're talking about people, not rats, and want more than a 50/50 chance, so, double it, at least.)

Ingesting (and keeping down) that much of the drug seems wildly unlikely.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baskol1 and riverstyx
R

Rona

Aug 3, 2018
I dunno about ingestion, but inhalation combined with bag is the best and surest way to ctb. Iso is anesthetic, so you won't tear the bag while unconscious which is what anesthetic do ( total comma not just sleep pill )

Reactions: Baskol1