N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Medication cause extreme nightmares. Very explicit torture from 2 am. to 6 am. I can barely sleep due to this. Moreover i become paranoid because the lack of sleep. The one medication causes tardive dyskinesia the other one strong sleep disorder. I am dependent on both.
Argument with my mom why she abused me as a child. I cried a lot today. Took a lorazepam. Considering suicide with alcohol lorazepam and zopiclon in my bathtub.
Today was pretty shitty ^^

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: NightmareTour, foxdie, Wisdom3_1-9 and 11 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I'm sorry :aw: I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you! Sending :hug::hug: and :heart::heart:

Reactions: foxdie, Ghost2211, Sensei and 2 others
UiopQwerty

UiopQwerty

Mage
Dec 17, 2020
Im sorry to hear this... :I
My day has been "shitty" as always. No cash, no security, dealing with unresponsable people.
I help the unresponsable people around me if I can. Even though I am low on energy. I just put on my
mask and march out there!
I hope you will find some aid and good advice here. I do, just by reading about other peoples thoughts and
pains...

I know. Later we can exchange st00pid memes you and me!
Take care! :happy:

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, Sensei, noname223 and 1 other person
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Medication cause extreme nightmares. Very explicit torture from 2 am. to 6 am. I can barely sleep due to this. Moreover i become paranoid because the lack of sleep. The one medication causes tardive dyskinesia the other one strong sleep disorder. I am dependent on both.
Argument with my mom why she abused me as a child. I cried a lot today. Took a lorazepam. Considering suicide with alcohol lorazepam and zopiclon in my bathtub.
Today was pretty shitty ^^

"Extreme nightmares?" Sounds like you are on 15 mg mirtazapine instead of 45 mg. Years ago, I had my former psychiatrist place me on mirtazapine, and the starting dose of 15 mg triggered the most vivid and awful nightmares I've ever had on medication. Did some quick research the following day, and found that by counterintuitively doubling the dose of mirtazapine, I would reduce the severity of those nightmares in half. It worked, so the next night I took the final targeted dose of 45 mg mirtazapine, and the nightmares went away. (I was able to do this because it was at a time when I was seeing my psychiatrist every few weeks, so I was at no risk of running out of mirtazapine by tripling the dose. We conferred on the telephone routinely between appointments.)

I am now taking mirtazapine again with a different psychiatrist, and this time I started at 45 mg right away. No nightmares.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
That's pretty awful. Is that side effect expected to be temporary? I would ask for a different med if that is just how it's going to be.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I have a lot of medication here. Probably it is caused by lamotrigine very vivid, brutal dreams. Yesterday i took amitriptyline the night was way better.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
If your meds are causing horrible nightmares you should discuss that with your doctor. There could be a better regimen for you. Finding the right combo can be trial-and-error and it sucks until you get it right.

kokosnight

kokosnight

Dec 27, 2020
hey, don't give up maybe tomorrow will be a better day? :/ i rate my day a -8/10 when i woke up i felt like sh*t and cried for a couple minutes but then i got up and started my day! which i kind of felt better but then again i'll go back to bed and the same sh*t will happen again, i'm just tired and wanna end it all :(