N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
WIth neurotypical I mean people with normal lives. Not daily suicidal ideation and not being tortured by their mental state.

I can relate a lot to Eminem. His songs gave me hope in the past. Cynically I just turned manic when they gave me too much energy. I just wish I could be like Eminem. He also was abused by his mom. He also was bullied in school. And now he is showing the world that he is the one with the last laugh. I am quite the opposite. Both the abuse and the bullying destroyed me. I am a mental wreck. I am a totally broken person. He got energy from his past experiences. My brain instead turned into the self-destruction mode. I once thought I would be on the road of recovery. But I had no idea that in reality I just was manic to that time. This shit is so cynical.

I like for example "Cleaning out my closet"

"See, what hurts me the most is you won't admit you was wrong
Bitch, do your song
Keep tellin' yourself that you was a mom (I love that part!)
But how dare you try to take what you didn't help me to get?
You selfish bitch
I hope you fuckin' burn in hell for this shit
Remember when Ronnie died and you said you wished it was me?
Well, guess what?
I am dead, dead to you as can be!"

Last edited:
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
Not that it matters but I'm pretty sure Eminem's not neurotypical.

Reactions: imtrying, Cathy Ames and Oblivion Access
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Not that it matters but I'm pretty sure Eminem's not neurotypical.
Which illness do you does he have? He sometimes rapped about bipolar and psychosis but I really doubt he has some sort of that. I think otherwise he would not have this good mental state/ high life quality.
I could not think about a mental illness which would fit to Eminem. I just read someone claimed depression. I could imagine ADHD. Maybe Asperger's.

Obviously he was an addict.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
The word "neurotypical" clearly has a life of its own.

H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I heard he's on the autism spectrum but who knows.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Neurotypical refers to anyone not registered on ss, so clearly Eminem qualifies.

• Yay!
Reactions: rationaltake and Chinaski
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
The word "neurotypical" clearly has a life of its own.
My therapist did not even know about the word. The first time I heard someone using it in my native language was a very left-leaning women. You could consider her as "woke" and I don't necessarily mean this in a negative way. But you could also say that woke is another problematic term with its own history.

I am not sure how this phenomena is called but: Words which describe disabilites often had a neutral meaning in the first place. I am not sure about English but cripple was once a neutral term in my language. Though it described something negative a disability and this is why it turned an insult. This happened with many terms which describe disabilites. Nowadays some people avoid disability and say instead people with special needs. I don't think this is all that bad. But this is only my own opinion.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
My therapist did not even know about the word. The first time I heard someone using it in my native language was a very left-leaning women. You could consider her as "woke" and I don't necessarily mean this in a negative way. But you could also say that woke is another problematic term with its own history.
Woke is not a problematic term, it originated within civil rights movements and has only become a pejorative due to its recent use by gammon-faced online reactionaries when they've been criticised for spewing obnoxious bile on twitter or whatever. Like "neurotypical", it now means whatever the user wants it to mean and its use is often a sign of someone not very capable of exercising independent thought.

freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
WIth neurotypical I mean people with normal lives. Not daily suicidal ideation and not being tortured by their mental state.

I can relate a lot to Eminem. His songs gave me hope in the past. Cynically I just turned manic when they gave me too much energy. I just wish I could be like Eminem. He also was abused by his mom. He also was bullied in school. And now he is showing the world that he is the one with the last laugh. I am quite the opposite. Both the abuse and the bullying destroyed me. I am a mental wreck. I am a totally broken person. He got energy from his past experiences. My brain instead turned into the self-destruction mode. I once thought I would be on the road of recovery. But I had no idea that in reality I just was manic to that time. This shit is so cynical.

I like for example "Cleaning out my closet"

"See, what hurts me the most is you won't admit you was wrong
Bitch, do your song
Keep tellin' yourself that you was a mom (I love that part!)
But how dare you try to take what you didn't help me to get?
You selfish bitch
I hope you fuckin' burn in hell for this shit
Remember when Ronnie died and you said you wished it was me?
Well, guess what?
I am dead, dead to you as can be!"
Oh god Eminem has been a huge influence on me too. I remember exactly where I was when I first listened to an Eminem song on my Walkman (haha, that's how long ago it is). I just burst out laughing. You mention mania, yup well I've heard him 'diagnosed' as at least somewhat 'bipolar' a few times, I'm pretty sure he is subject to dark moods (the song Rock Bottom) and his phenomenal wordplay is redolent of manic wordplay, pressure of speech, firing synapses and so on. He is just 'lucky' that he's been able to put his neurodivergence to work for him and produce art from it instead of let it destroy him. It's all fucking random how some people survive this shit and even thrive isn't it? while we struggle, suffer and rot away from within. I'm not sure quite what you meant by the word 'cynically' in that context. I'm sorry for your struggles šŸ˜„ fellow bipolar Eminem fan šŸ˜

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Reactions: demuic, Hollowman, Cathy Ames and 1 other person