almost_dead

almost_dead

Arcanist
Aug 7, 2020
How do you prevent it ?

I dont have it right now but the thought of having loud jet noises in my ear scares me .

TIA

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: llerutem5, Metalhead, Stolen Absolution and 3 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
And doctors still prescribe those things? WTF
Yes and ones that do other terrible things. Be really careful before you take antibiotics to read about the side effects. Some can affect the tendons in the legs and feet and people have been put into permanent tendon damage and pain. There are entire websites devoted to this subject with thousands of people posting about how antibiotics destroyed their lives.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spitfire, _Minsk and demuic
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Yes and ones that do other terrible things. Be really careful before you take antibiotics to read about the side effects. Some can affect the tendons in the legs and feet and people have been put into permanent tendon damage and pain. There are entire websites devoted to this subject with thousands of people posting about how antibiotics destroyed their lives.

And then there is always the Sulfa drugs to worry about Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis too. Where your skin sloughs off...

C

Campari

Jul 16, 2020
If you don't have tinnitus protect your hearts from loud noise and take less drugs you can

• Love
Reactions: almost_dead
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
I've had tinnitus for 20 years do whatever you can not to catch it. Protect your hearing as best you can. If you go to concerts where earplugs. If you're around loud noises wear earplugs. if you're exposed to a jackhammer wear earplugs etc., etc., etc.

My tip buy and use lots and lots of earplugs. Try not to get ear infections. Learn if foods are causing adverse side effects to your ears through food intolerances. Do not use q-tips in your ears.

If you use earbuds for your tunes do not play the music very loud.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: llerutem5, Marchioness, Buffy5120 and 1 other person
M

MariV

Arcanist
Sep 13, 2020
please be very careful. its unbearable. i cant wait to find silence in death

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: llerutem5, Buffy5120, roju and 1 other person
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
how do you clean the insides of your ears then?

Hell if I know I use q-tips. Lol

ENT physicians say only use q-tips for the external ear. They say never put anything into the ear canal. I think that you're supposed to use something like a saline flushing solution, but you're never supposed to put anything inside of your ears. I'm already messed up so I do it anyway.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and esse_est_percipi
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Hell if I know I use q-tips. Lol

ENT physicians say only use q-tips for the external ear. They say never put anything into the ear canal. I think that you're supposed to use something like a saline flushing solution, but you're never supposed to put anything inside of your ears. I'm already messed up so I do it anyway.
You know they tell people that then go home, shower, and give their ears a nice q-tipping.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Chupacabra 44
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, almost_dead, Chupacabra 44 and 1 other person
B

benjamind2020

Sep 18, 2020
Also be careful not to visit an arrogant doctor if you are unlucky enough to get SSNHL they might just send you home...thought I was about to go deaf in my right ear but my hearing miraculously recovered.

• Love
Reactions: almost_dead
SuicidalAgain

SuicidalAgain

Dummy
Sep 9, 2020
I got Tinnitus for more than 10 years now and yes it was horrible at first. I could not fall asleep. It drove me crazy. But with time it became part of my life and now I can only hear it when I decide to pay attention to it (ah, there it is! quite noisy today actually...)

I'm surprised it doesn't seem to be the case with most of the posters here. I remember reading about it when this first started and people were saying you stop hearing it after a while because you get so used to it and I could not believe how anyone could get used to it because it was horrible and I wanted it to stop.

And now you guys are saying it could be from antibiotics and yes, I took some back then.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: llerutem5, almost_dead and Chupacabra 44
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
How do you prevent it ?

I dont have it right now but the thought of having loud jet noises in my ear scares me .

TIA
Magnesium but this will only work in very mild cases of T definitely wont help if u have severe that being said I suggest you start taking it now. I had T from adverse reaction to zoloft. It wasn't that bad though I only heard it when I was sleeping and with earplugs so it wasnt an issue. Unfortunately now, I have T not from a chemical drug but from physical acoustic trauma (mri) negligence from the techs never gave me headphones i was in there for almost two hours exposed to decibels high as 120+ thats like putting your ears directly on a concert speaker for 2 hours...im planning on suing them. Now not only do i have fucking severe T where I can hear it well beyond when its quiet, I have hyperacusis which is just as worse if not more bc its so rare. Anyways good luck i think u have a chance to turn it around, as for me, ctb is not optional anymore it's vital now due to this condition.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1465
Marchioness

Marchioness

Eternal sleep
Feb 17, 2020
My Tinnitus gets bad when I pop my neck too much. My neck popping is a nervous reaction i so to try to deal with the stress/tension in my neck and shoulders. :(

I try to listen to those videos on YouTube that say they'll help, the buzzing noise ones. The only thing that helps is music, talking or taking a walk in nature with all the ambient noise.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Mine is not to bad. If I were to get steamingly drunk though, it would become horrific. I go deaf quite frequently from ear wax. I used to get the ears syringed every couple of years, but I've heard that it's no longer free on the NHS :meh: so I'm frequently adding olive oil to soften the wax so it drops out naturally and I can hear again. Still have the T but it's worse with blocked ears too.

Reactions: Buffy5120