Avicii

Avicii

Looking
Sep 4, 2018
as the question poses - do you tell someone about your suicidal tendencies or dont tell anyone - I've told relatives and some friends my suicidal tendencies they know from my condition how I am - all tell the same dont do it dont be daft you can win this etc - but i say to them I have to die one day !!!!

Also looking at a lot of news stories on suicide and inquests - many times it says they told family or friends how they were feeling that they were suicidal in the days leading up to their death !!!

Reactions: weedoge and Deadinside24
L

Lyndsey

Sep 7, 2018
as the question poses - do you tell someone about your suicidal tendencies or dont tell anyone - I've told relatives and some friends my suicidal tendencies they know from my condition how I am - all tell the same dont do it dont be daft you can win this etc - but i say to them I have to die one day !!!!

Also looking at a lot of news stories on suicide and inquests - many times it says they told family or friends how they were feeling that they were suicidal in the days leading up to their death !!!

Reactions: weedoge
L

Lyndsey

Sep 7, 2018
Avicli I can't relpy to your post on my wall can you send me a pm

Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018

I've hinted at it quite a bit to my family and even mentioned my method too.

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018

I think most people go through the phase of telling someone, receiving help, realising it's not for them, and then not telling anybody.

Reactions: epil, betteroffdead, RM5998 and 3 others
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
It depends on the person. I wouldn't tell anyone who is like overly emotional, who would try to stop me or get me locked up.

I talked with my mom about suicide, I think she knows I'll do it at some point.
Obviously it was just a generic I hate life and want to die conversation. I didn't say hey, I bought a rope and I will hang myself in a couple of months, lol, that would be too much.

Reactions: betteroffdead, RM5998, Morning Angel and 3 others
B

Bringmepeace

Sep 1, 2018
I would go with keeping it to your self, I was kind of forced to tell my ex partner (still have to live with her) and within minutes my entire family was their, one even threatened to jump in front of a train if I did ctb, I was going to go partial on Sunday and had been preparing for 2 weeks to get all the si out the way. Now I just feel guilty, I will still ctb but I now have to suffer longer and get rid of the guilt first, don't let my failure be your failure also, tell no one and remember it is your decision and no one else's.

Reactions: weedoge and FairyAlys
L

Lyndsey

Sep 7, 2018
Bringmepeace are you still looking for a partner

L

Lyndsey

Sep 7, 2018
I would go with keeping it to your self, I was kind of forced to tell my ex partner (still have to live with her) and within minutes my entire family was their, one even threatened to jump in front of a train if I did ctb, I was going to go partial on Sunday and had been preparing for 2 weeks to get all the si out the way. Now I just feel guilty, I will still ctb but I now have to suffer longer and get rid of the guilt first, don't let my failure be your failure also, tell no one and remember it is your decision and no one else's.
Can you pm me

Ashpac

Ashpac

Lost and always will be.
Jul 22, 2018
Even though my parents know im going to do it.

I still have a thought that pops into my head every so often ''maybe I shouldnt of told them'' and just went ahead and did it.

Reactions: Caustic Cardinals, Deadinside24 and weedoge
S

Ssname

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
I think most people go through the phase of telling someone, receiving help, realising it's not for them, and then not telling anybody.

Been there. I really wish I could talk about it with someone irl. Not even about me specifically just a discussion about methods etc. I have learnt so much and can't share it with anyone.

Reactions: Ashpac and weedoge
Ashpac

Ashpac

Lost and always will be.
Jul 22, 2018
Been there. I really wish I could talk about it with someone irl. Not even about me specifically just a discussion about methods etc. I have learnt so much and can't share it with anyone.

You can always talk to me about anything including methods.

S

Ssname

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
You can always talk to me about anything including methods.

Thanks. It isn't the same written down though. I miss the passion in my voice when I'm taking about something I know a lot about and speeding up and babbling when I'm really into what I'm saying.

Reactions: RM5998 and weedoge
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Thanks. It isn't the same written down though. I miss the passion in my voice when I'm taking about something I know a lot about and speeding up and babbling when I'm really into what I'm saying.
Funny I feel the same way, it's weird not being able to vocalise it, even when I've had the opportunity I'm just not able anymore. It's humiliating that I can only write my feelings lol.

Reactions: Caustic Cardinals and RM5998
M

Morning Angel

Useless Broken Wings
Aug 8, 2018
This. So this. I made my mistakes being open and instead of any listening or empathy, the help I got was a lot of cop calls. When everything looks like a nail and the only thing you've got in your hand is a hammer (the cops), you're the next nail in the psych jail. Don't take the risk - you'll lose all your relationships, respect, and possibly your autonomy to make this choice.

Having said that, I know of one relationship in real life where someone I know told someone close to them everything and they were fully accepting and kept the matter private. But they had a solid foundation of trust built between them for many years.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and weedoge
Clover

Clover

Experienced
Aug 23, 2018
I've told.
I'm not emotional about it simply matter of fact in sharing my plan.
I've told friends, mental health, doctor etc.
Some are fully supportive some say things like 'but your not really going to do this are you?' And I say nothing at all in response because I'm hopeless at lieing.
No one really understands what N is so they don't really get that it's going to work. I think they assume I will fail. Apart from my doctor she googled it.
I guess my reasons for telling people are because I hate being untrue and I hate suprises or unplanned things so I assume others feel the same.
I'm debating going to to emergency a few hours before and telling them and recording the response so that friends can sue them. Because I know from experience (when I used to want help) that they will say ok that's your choice and we won't do anything to help you and send me home. Not sure tho because I really don't like going there but I also would like people to know I tried.

RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018

Funny I feel the same way, it's weird not being able to vocalise it, even when I've had the opportunity I'm just not able anymore. It's humiliating that I can only write my feelings lol.

I was discussing Nembutal, drug cocktails and euthanasia laws with some people I know somewhat well a few days back. It was strangely cathartic, to be able to talk about that. And yes, I relate to what @weedoge says about wanting to vocalize it. I have 1 friend here in college, and I can't even tell them what I want to do for fear of an adverse reaction (his closest friend, whom he'd known since school, killed himself last December). At least this place lets me spew my thoughts into space, I'd probably go insane without that.

Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
and people stop listening or pull a way. Like I need the opposite

Reactions: RM5998 and weedoge
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Since I legally own firearms I can´t talk to anyone because according to the law if I were to talk to a shrink they would label me with depression and suicidal thoughts and that means bye bye handguns. And my parents love me and they think I am doing well in school because of good grades and think I am doing fine in life, they probably think I haven´t been suicidal for years so I don´t want to worry them.

Plus parents love their children so they will do anything in their power to save their offspring so that might mean they could call someone and have me committed or take my firearms away which to me is the same as taking my life since firearms are a great exit button where roping, OD´ing etc. is such a hassle and I don´t want to go back to that. I also can´t talk to my brothers since they made it clear years ago that it was annoying to listen to my talk about suicide and it made them depressed so I never mentioned it again.

Reactions: betteroffdead, RM5998 and weedoge