onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
I don't nothing all day. I just stay in bed. Eat and drink the minimum, take care of my cat and spend the whole day and night here. I hate spleeping because I dream with the thing that I missed the most and it's torture. So I'm asking if you have any tricks to filling the free-time? It would be wonderful if I could spending at least one hour without thinking about what is bothering me so much. I used to like to watch tv but now I don't even open the tv. I feel like I can't do anything by myself. If at least I had a friend or someone who could push me maybe just maybe I could try but I already asked and I have nobody. Just my cat. Which is the thing that holding me to ctb

• Hugs
Reactions: whatevs, ColorlessTrees, affinity and 6 others
toasterbath

toasterbath

Jun 26, 2022
i can relate. crippling depression and anhedonia make it hard to enjoy anything. i feel like i zone out or blank out so much in the middle of doing something and time passes that way. i don't have the motivation to pick up a hobby. i can get through some shows or youtube videos some days. but others it can just be staring outside the window or at the ceiling. it's really painful just existing and trying to pass time.

Reactions: puppet_nihilist, ColorlessTrees, affinity and 2 others
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Mar 11, 2022
My only hope is that the medication starts to make effect but I had an therapy appointment and I skipped. I had to go in person and I just can't. I don't want to go out, not that soon.

• Hugs
Reactions: affinity, Message In A Bottle and toasterbath
toasterbath

toasterbath

Jun 26, 2022
My only hope is that the medication starts to make effect but I had an therapy appointment and I skipped. I had to go in person and I just can't. I don't want to go out, not that soon.
i hope it helps you and take all the time you need. therapy is more effective after meds kick in anyway.

onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Mar 11, 2022
i hope it helps you and take all the time you need. therapy is more effective after meds kick in anyway.
Yes, I know. But I'm embarrassed because I skipped without saying anything and I liked that therapist. I just prefer by videocall. Maybe I have to search another therapist which is a shame.
And I have another problem. Probably monday I have to go to a pharmacy to get more medication :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Message In A Bottle
Unhirable

Unhirable

Proud member of the FBI and CIA.
Sep 14, 2022
It usually takes a while for anti depressants (assuming that is what you are talking about) to work.

Like 8-12 weeks for it to even work and then 8-12 more weeks for you to get used to how you feel now, start building new habits, etc.

Anyway why dont you build your cat a nice big tower. I like to take amazon boxes and build stuff for my cat sometimes.

• Hugs
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
I don't nothing all day. I just stay in bed. Eat and drink the minimum, take care of my cat and spend the whole day and night here. I hate spleeping because I dream with the thing that I missed the most and it's torture. So I'm asking if you have any tricks to filling the free-time? It would be wonderful if I could spending at least one hour without thinking about what is bothering me so much. I used to like to watch tv but now I don't even open the tv. I feel like I can't do anything by myself. If at least I had a friend or someone who could push me maybe just maybe I could try but I already asked and I have nobody. Just my cat. Which is the thing that holding me to ctb
Even without any free time, my thoughs are constantly haunted by uncomfortable memories and flashbacks. I can be busy doing several things at once but my mind wanders of to the same shitty place no matter what.

• Aww..
Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

📜 Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
I don't do much either...I think all the years I starved myself caused massive anhedonia. All the things I used to be interested in vanished when I was 17 - now I have to force myself in order to get anything done. Lately, sleeping, meditation, and spirituality have been the only relief for me. I am quite imaginative, using my head to take me far away from here. I have been watching a channel called "Suzannah is this a dream?' to try to relax my mind, and possibly attempt astral projection - but she has different ones too if that interests you. It can take practice though to get our minds to shush, but once you master it, can be calming to just blank out for a bit.

But I think everything would be better if we all had just one person to keep pushing us. Nothing is the same when you're alone and have no one to share it with. I hope you can find a method that works for you, so you can find some relief.

19andOverdue

19andOverdue

Jun 12, 2022
the "free-time" will always become guilty time if not filled in previously. I noticed this about neuroticism. You will never be satisfied with your time management until you set up a structure and routine you can take pride in.

Reactions: Niko66 and onlyanimalsaregood
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
Same when I don't have classes. It's been like this while I was in grad school over the summer holidays as well. This is why I can't drop out yet, because then I have to think about the past which is worse than thinking about studies.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
People like to feel that progress is happening over time so that we are not 'rotting'. If you had any favourite activities in the past, it may be worth trying to revive them to see if it's possible to delve back in.

Fitness is a huge one, as physical health links directly to mental health, feeling more attractive and achieving noticeable progress each week. Plenty can be done from home (in addition to stuff like push-ups and sit-ups, simple equipment like an ab roller can work wonders) but the atmosphere and equipment of a gym is ideal. The huge challenge is starting and continuing when alone and struggling for energy. If you have some sort of partner to hold you accountable to keeping going, that is the best thing.

• Love
whywhywhy

whywhywhy

Jun 11, 2021
It helps me to do exercise until I am tired. Like even planking for a minute is good. There is a need to free excessive energy that you have.

onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Mar 11, 2022
It usually takes a while for anti depressants (assuming that is what you are talking about) to work.

Like 8-12 weeks for it to even work and then 8-12 more weeks for you to get used to how you feel now, start building new habits, etc.

Anyway why dont you build your cat a nice big tower. I like to take amazon boxes and build stuff for my cat sometimes.
I know. Yes I am taking one antidepressant and one benzo. It helps me to sleep. Actually I already took both some months ago and I am lucky with medication in general because I normally don't have any side effect and it usually helps so I am hopping that this time it helps as well. The other time it took me I think 2 weeks to start feeling the effect.
Thank you for the ideia for my cat. Instead of being super depressed and sad I know that I should take this time to rest, clean my mind, take the opportunity to do things that I liked to do before and spend some quality time with my cat. And also find another job :(
Even without any free time, my thoughs are constantly haunted by uncomfortable memories and flashbacks. I can be busy doing several things at once but my mind wanders of to the same shitty place no matter what.
I know it's horrible but believe me that having total free time like 24/7 only make things worse
I don't do much either...I think all the years I starved myself caused massive anhedonia. All the things I used to be interested in vanished when I was 17 - now I have to force myself in order to get anything done. Lately, sleeping, meditation, and spirituality have been the only relief for me. I am quite imaginative, using my head to take me far away from here. I have been watching a channel called "Suzannah is this a dream?' to try to relax my mind, and possibly attempt astral projection - but she has different ones too if that interests you. It can take practice though to get our minds to shush, but once you master it, can be calming to just blank out for a bit.

But I think everything would be better if we all had just one person to keep pushing us. Nothing is the same when you're alone and have no one to share it with. I hope you can find a method that works for you, so you can find some relief.
I'm deeply sorry for your suffering. I know it's very hard but you're right pushing yourself to do things. I have to do the same. Do you feel better after? I hope so. Yeah, I have some support but not here where I am. Here I am all alone. I just have my cat.
the "free-time" will always become guilty time if not filled in previously. I noticed this about neuroticism. You will never be satisfied with your time management until you set up a structure and routine you can take pride in.
I know :(
Same when I don't have classes. It's been like this while I was in grad school over the summer holidays as well. This is why I can't drop out yet, because then I have to think about the past which is worse than thinking about studies.
Yep. Hold on to classes. Not having anything to do is horse.
People like to feel that progress is happening over time so that we are not 'rotting'. If you had any favourite activities in the past, it may be worth trying to revive them to see if it's possible to delve back in.

Fitness is a huge one, as physical health links directly to mental health, feeling more attractive and achieving noticeable progress each week. Plenty can be done from home (in addition to stuff like push-ups and sit-ups, simple equipment like an ab roller can work wonders) but the atmosphere and equipment of a gym is ideal. The huge challenge is starting and continuing when alone and struggling for energy. If you have some sort of partner to hold you accountable to keeping going, that is the best thing.
Yes, I am trying to do some things that I used to do. For example, watching tv. It's easy but I don't watch tv for weeks. I want to start with those things that are easier and do not require to much because I am weak and I have to start to eat better. Even for exercising, I know it's a very good advice but right I am too weak. At least today I manage to took a shower and eat a meal properly. Thank so much for your support and kind advices
It helps me to do exercise until I am tired. Like even planking for a minute is good. There is a need to free excessive energy that you have.
I am sure I have. I'm in bed for a couple weeks now

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Pluto and Unhirable