ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
There, I said it. A suicide attempt, using the current suicide methods available to us, requires a lot of power to go through. For one, these methods are risky and can leave permanent damage if the attempt fails. Also, there's survival instinct which kicks in and it's strong with even those who really want to be dead instead of only wanting to be dead as a last resort. Additionally, one's own personal circumstances can make suicide harder too in a variety of different ways. For example, one may be attached to a loved one or somebody close to them and perhaps worry about how suicide will affect them. Or, alternatively, somebody may be living with parents and are unable to move out for a variety of reasons. If you own a house to yourself, some suicide methods get significantly easier to do than if you're living with parents.

Some other points are that, if you were to do a suicide attempt outside and get caught by a pro life person, they'll stop you no matter what and they'll get you in the psych ward. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, the peaceful suicide methods are getting more and more restricted by the government. There used to be pure helium tanks that you could buy but now the current helium tanks are mixed in with some carbon dioxide which triggers a panic response and hence is useless for a suicide attempt. Also, SN is getting harder and harder to obtain in the UK here

All in all, no matter who you are, doing a successful suicide attempt will by far be the most powerful thing that you do. I'm here because I'm powerless against all the odds to kill myself. I'm powerless to do a risky suicide method and I'm powerless because I live with family

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: B4mbi, Neverfeltdeader, lifewasawillowtv and 4 others
dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
Sometimes I'm not sure if it's actually that difficult or if we're just not desperate enough. Maybe it's easy when you reach certain point :(

Reactions: Neverfeltdeader
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Very well said! I'm sorry it feel so difficult for you, it's really not easy at all and there's not only a lack of peaceful methods, there're many other factors that can disturb an attempt if one isn't alone.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I find it just so horrible and cruel how we have to struggle so much to cease existing on our own terms, it's just hellish how humans do all they can to prolong the suffering of others even know none of us ever chose to be here in the first place. I'd see it as very compassionate allowing the option of guaranteed and painless methods for people to easily find peace from all the suffering existing causes, I despise how Nembutal isn't easily available.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
D

Deleted member 65988

Yeah, I really can't say much else because this clearly describes a lot of the ways people fear ctb. It is the most powerful act of autonomy because you are going against your survival instinct to be honest and nothing else, that is a tremendously difficult thing to contend with, sometimes it's as if your body is acutely aware of what you're trying to do.

There used to be pure helium tanks that you could buy but now the current helium tanks are mixed in with some carbon dioxide which triggers a panic response and hence is useless for a suicide attempt. Also, SN is getting harder and harder to obtain in the UK here
Just some of the ways to limit access to methods as much as possible. the restriction on SN hasn't happened worldwide but it's still a difficult to obtain it for a lot of people.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie