shinitai_sh0jo

shinitai_sh0jo

Is it so selfish to want to feel a little better?
Dec 30, 2023
Ever since I've been aware of myself, I've known that there are many interactions that I constantly fail. Sometimes I don't understand why I get a hug from my mother, as if I were momentarily unable to understand why she would do something like that out of the blue.

Things like not feeling like being able to talk, and not to be able to do eye-contact with people I thought I was close with... Makes me feel weird.

I am diagnosed with ASD support 1, but I don't like to think that all of my problems are to blame on that diagnosis... Though it helps to give names to some of my problems, or so I think...

I just, in general, feel that the need to care and think about every single interaction I do, and the feedback I give and receive from others all of the time has been exhausting.. for some years already. I've heard a couple of times that I should "learn to fit in for society" but I wonder if it's really worth it in the first place.

I want to get better, but I don't know if it's that much worth it. I'm a bit tired.

• Hugs
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, sserafim, Mafaalu and 6 others
Jeav

Jeav

Aug 1, 2024
I think you shouldn't look for an explanation, don't try to justify your emotions, rather try to find someone you can trust and who you can completely trust without wearing this exhaustive social mask.

Reactions: sserafim, Mafaalu and shinitai_sh0jo
Voyage

Voyage

Songe à la douceur
Aug 11, 2024
It all depends on what you mean by wanting to get better.

If you're not personally distressed (unable to hold a job, unfulfilled desire to socialize...) by social ineptitude, there's no reason to bother.

Reactions: sserafim and shinitai_sh0jo