GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
It's tragic. She should have had a better option.

...But I gotta say, that is the nicest looking gun I've ever seen

gottago222

gottago222

paranoia bae
Dec 21, 2021
this is why we need ss šŸ˜±šŸ˜±šŸ˜± so people know of more peaceful ways to go out
rip

Reactions: Crazy4u and YourNeighbor
Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
It's very sad that she had to go in this manner. At least she had an understanding partner who helped her CTB. I hope she finds everlasting peace.

Society is so fucked up! People who wish to die because of terminal illnesses are cruelly denied the option of having a peaceful exit. It's a gross violation of human rights to force a terminally ill person to continue to live against their wishes.

Groups like Exit International and Dr. Philip Nitschke are doing a heroic job of helping terminally ill people have a peaceful exit at a time of their own choosing.

Reactions: demuic
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Was it mercy or murder?
6rZ8g8R.jpeg

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and OrcWitch
WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
If you restrict a suffering person from ending their life humanely, they will find a more desperate and possibly harmful way to do it.

Reactions: Drinkwater77, Crazy4u, Hydrokhoos and 3 others
G

Grey-zoner

Dec 17, 2021
If you restrict a suffering person from ending their life humanely, they will find a more desperate and possibly harmful way to do it.
That's pretty much the principle of this forum and most of us participating in one sentence.

Reactions: Crazy4u, Hydrokhoos, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 2 others
Y

YourNeighbor

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2021
That's pretty much the principle of this forum and most of us participating in one sentence.
Yep. And stories like this need to get more publicity so that the discussion about dying can be humane.

Reactions: demuic
needed_

needed_

waiting for a miracle
Dec 17, 2021
this makes me sad because I'm sure the husband now is traumatised that he shot his wife... this wouldn't have been necessary if there were other legal ways to end her life

Reactions: demuic and YourNeighbor
L

LoveTakesManyForms

Student
Sep 9, 2021
If someone's clearly deteriorating further and further over a long period of time, euthanasia is a morally sound, compassionate and logical option.
There is no point in putting them in a position where they have to mutilate themselves, or put others in danger (e.g. suicide by cop, suicide by traffic accident, etc.)
It's completely ridiculous and unnecessary.

May she rest in peace. I'm sorry that society failed her. It's pathetic and utterly tragic.
The Husband is a Hero; the love it must take to kill someone you love to end their pain is breathtaking.

Reactions: lostautist, YourNeighbor and demuic
lostautist

lostautist

wandering
Jan 12, 2022
Legally murder, compassionately humane. He'll probably go to prison, sadly, but I doubt he'll ever regret having to do that, in as much as you know he wishes he weren't in the position to do that. I can relate because of how my mother passed. I could have kept her in a coma while she healed, but she didn't want that.

Reactions: Mixo and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Under The Graveyard

Under The Graveyard

There is no death. Only a change of worlds.
Jun 24, 2021
It's sad when it's OK to put an animal to sleep to keep it from suffering, but no ok to do the same for a human.

• Love
Reactions: LoveTakesManyForms and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
L

LoveTakesManyForms

Student
Sep 9, 2021
It's sad when it's OK to put an animal to sleep to keep it from suffering, but no ok to do the same for a human.
That's human beings for ya; so much potential for kindness, unity, prosperity etc. yet such poor outcomes