• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Whelp... my pether came. I decided not to use my klean strip vm&p naphtha due to the residue it leaves... and that it has a higher boiling and flash point. So now I can get rid of them nasty oils and ephedrine. But now I'm debating on whether I should buy a nonpolar organic solvent. The type that is immiscible in water. The sole purpose of that is to get rid of the impurities such as tannins and whatever...

And if I should, what would be a good solvent that I can easily get?

Reactions: Ben, lv-gras and Madrid27
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
What are you making?

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97 and Ashpac
B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
Whelp... my pether came. I decided not to use my klean strip vm&p naphtha due to the residue it leaves... and that it has a higher boiling and flash point. So now I can get rid of them nasty oils and ephedrine. But now I'm debating on whether I should buy a nonpolar organic solvent. The type that is immiscible in water. The sole purpose of that is to get rid of the impurities such as tannins and whatever...

And if I should, what would be a good solvent that I can easily get?

I'm so confused. I think Walter White is trying to CTB guys.

but seriously, I'm not smart enough to even know what you're going for, but I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out. Care to explain the method? I'm hella curious..

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, DetachedDreamer97 and 2 others
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018

but seriously, I'm not smart enough to even know what you're going for, but I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out. Care to explain the method? I'm hella curious..

In my younger years when I attempted to make a yew tincture, there was a lot of things wrong, the volume of alcohol that is enough to get me drunk and possibly vomit, the residue of oil and other impurities either in the alcohol (it was from hand sanitizer in the process of salting), and other things. So after a while of holding on to it, I finally decided to throw it out and try again.

On my next attempt with the leaves, I used a massive quantity of leaves and attempted to do things by the book. I ended up stinking up the house getting myself and everyone sick and got in trouble... which I discovered was from the volatile oils. So learning I can not use heat or do any water boils, I decided to try and improvise with an oil solvent, which apparently is more effective at removing some of the unwanted compounds. Unfortunately, I wasted 15 bucks on some poor quality impure naphtha. By then as my new batch of leaves were dried completely in my improvised calcium chloride drying chamber, I went ahead and jumped the shark and did an isopropyl alcohol extraction, which by then I learned of how awful tannins are as it stunk up my room (I rushed and boiled the alcohol away on my wax warmer). I had to start over as I somehow screwed up my batch again.

I bought the seeds and this time attempted to follow it by the book. After countless research, it said that hot water is actually effective at extracting the oil. Unfortunately that wasn't quite the case as it didn't get all the oil out. It got some, but there was a whole lot of oil leftover. So I attempted to defat it with cooking oil as it was safe... I failed. So, I said "fuck it"... I'm gonna do this professionally with some actual solvents and I'm probably gonna perhaps make the alkaloids as pure as possible.

I might as well do the straight to base approach if I am gonna get the ethyl acetate. Its luckily just 17 bucks plus shipping which is a cent. Or maybe it won't be all that necessary... idk. Defatting is the only important step for me. I just wanna make it enough to fit in just a 15 ml flask or bottle.

Reactions: lv-gras
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018

What I'm trying to do is defat the leaves, extract with pure rubbing alcohol, evaporate, and replace it with the minimal volume of drinking alcohol.

D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
What I'm trying to do is defat the leaves, extract with pure rubbing alcohol, evaporate, and replace it with the minimal volume of drinking alcohol.
I should have a book with the method of synthesis used to extract the poison. Unfortunately I cannot access it today. But I certainly will tomorrow Nixon. It is a 1944 pharmaceutical codex from the UK. Some of the information is in grains not grams, and I doubt that I remember the conversion. Sounds like you will though...smile.

Reactions: lv-gras and DetachedDreamer97
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
I should have a book with the method of synthesis used to extract the poison. Unfortunately I cannot access it today. But I certainly will tomorrow Nixon. It is a 1944 pharmaceutical codex from the UK. Some of the information is in grains not grams, and I doubt that I remember the conversion. Sounds like you will though...smile.

Thanks!