we're all going to die one day and none of this is going to matter

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Sinai Silence, Pisceslilith and 18 others
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Some people need to think their simplistic solution really help. Bless their hearts.

Reactions: Mooshi, TheSoulless, lostangel and 2 others
Stavrogin

Stavrogin

If God not be, then this world dies with me
Jul 1, 2020
we're all going to die one day and none of this is going to matter

Yeah, I've had the thought before, that if what is after death, is going to be what was before we were born, then all of this is nothing but a forgotten dream, no matter how it ends.

• Wow
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Ximon, sadgirl9999 and 3 others
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
They're wasting their time. This isn't about saving us as much as it's about revenge for their loved ones ending it. It's sad tbh. Instead of focusing on healing they're attacking other hurting people.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Sinai Silence, Pisceslilith and 16 others
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
They're wasting their time. This isn't about saving us as much as it's about revenge for their loved ones ending it. It's sad tbh. Instead of focusing on healing they're attacking other hurting people.

If they put this much effort into making the governments change their approach towards suicide(protesting for guaranteed income/homes, abolition of involuntary commitment, free treatments, etc) then they might actually get somewhere in preventing people from committing suicide. Taking this website down would do absolutely nothing towards addressing the problems that make people want to commit suicide in the first place.

They're taking the lazy and irresponsible approach of blaming a website for someones suicide which only infantilizes the person who made the choice to end their life.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, No_more, Sinai Silence and 10 others
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

May 27, 2019
If they put this much effort into making the governments change their approach towards suicide(protesting for guaranteed income/homes, abolition of involuntary commitment, free treatments, etc) then they might actually get somewhere in preventing people from committing suicide. Taking this website down would do absolutely nothing towards addressing the problems that make people want to commit suicide in the first place.

They're taking the lazy and irresponsible approach of blaming a website for someones suicide which only infantilizes the person who made the choice to end their life.
Exactly. They're only attacking the symptoms not the cause. They won't see it like that because they can't do anything about it. They can't help the homeless, the sick, the people who lost everything they ever cared about. But they have all the energy in the world to try to shut down a site. Who would they blame if this site never existed?

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Sinai Silence, _Minsk and 3 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Who would they blame if this site never existed?

There is almost always a scapegoat. I learned that from my dad who was a death investigator. I then experienced it being a scapegoat at fourteen, being blamed by my entire school for the next four years for having broken up with my boyfriend, when in actuality he committed suicide before I even got the chance, and I was being coerced by my mother to do so -- but who would want to focus on that when blame was so much more empowering? Who doesn't love a good J'accuse?

People seek a reason, and if they don't know the reason or don't like the one presented, they make up one with which they feel more satisfied. They blame to discharge feelings of discomfort and not being in control.

Marriages often break up over the suicide of a child because the parents blame each other. Loved ones go after the manufacturers of products used to suicide, or get the access to popular spots blocked, with a belief that stopping others from suicide will save other loved ones from the pain of the loss, rather than acknowledging and trying, if achievable, to rectify what caused the pain of the one who suicided, or rather than accepting that the person they loved was autonomous and acted outside of their control. People don't like to accept they're not in control, including in control of others.

When it comes to the death of a loved one, folks seek a murderer to blame, whether a person or people, an illness, an accident, or an event. This makes sense. For their loved one to take their own lives, to have taken themselves away from them, can be incomprehensible without the acceptance that they did not and could not fully know that person, nor influence them. Surely something external must be the cause. Surely something must have had undue influence, an influence that unjustifiably overrode their own. How many parents believe they know their children better than they know themselves? Yet from the moment that child is born, their internal world and experience are unknowable to another. We humans don't like not knowing.

Surely we on SS must be the cause of their loved one having been taken from them (as if something snuck in and snatched them away). Surely we are murderers. Surely we coerced, because they had defined the one who suicided as being unwilling or unable to do so of their own accord, because they just know that person couldn't do (to them) what they did. It is hard as fuck to give the one who died such power as to end their own life (even though it is not anything that can be given; they already had the power over themselves, and that is hard as fuck to accept).

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Sinai Silence, Soul and 6 others
B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
Exactly. They call us killers, yet we're just here for ourselves to end our misery. They shouldn't be blaming us. It's not like we know anyone's name so we could do anything as they claim
Also they changed the group to public to private on fb now

Reactions: Despondent, Isadeth and Broken Chimera
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

May 27, 2019
There is almost always a scapegoat. I learned that from my dad who was a death investigator. I then experienced it being a scapegoat at fourteen, being blamed by my entire school for the next four years for having broken up with my boyfriend, when in actuality he committed suicide before I even got the chance, and I was being coerced by my mother to do so -- but who would want to focus on that when blame was so much more empowering? Who doesn't love a good J'accuse?

People seek a reason, and if they don't know the reason or don't like the one presented, they make up one with which they feel more satisfied. They blame to discharge feelings of discomfort and not being in control.

Marriages often break up over the suicide of a child because the parents blame each other. Loved ones go after the manufacturers of products used to suicide, or get the access to popular spots blocked, with a belief that stopping others from suicide will save other loved ones from the pain of the loss, rather than acknowledging and trying, if achievable, to rectify what caused the pain of the one who suicided, or rather than accepting that the person they loved was autonomous and acted outside of their control. People don't like to accept they're not in control, including in control of others.

When it comes to the death of a loved one, folks seek a murderer to blame, whether a person or people, an illness, an accident, or an event. This makes sense. For their loved one to take their own lives, to have taken themselves away from them, can be incomprehensible without the acceptance that they did not and could not fully know that person, nor influence them. Surely something external must be the cause. Surely something must have had undue influence, an influence that unjustifiably overrode their own. How many parents believe they know their children better than they know themselves? Yet from the moment that child is born, their internal world and experience are unknowable to another. We humans don't like not knowing.

Surely we on SS must be the cause of their loved one having been taken from them (as if something snuck in and snatched them away). Surely we are murderers. Surely we coerced, because they had defined the one who suicided as being unwilling or unable to do so of their own accord, because they just know that person couldn't do (to them) what they did. It is hard as fuck to give the one who died such power as to end their own life (even though it is not anything that can be given; they already had the power over themselves, and that is hard as fuck to accept).
So in other words, they need a scapegoat, because without one they have to start looking at themselves to blame or they have to accept that their loved one left them willingly. They can't accept either of those so they lash out at everyone out of pain.

I'm sorry about what happened to you. Who blames a child for a suicide over a break up that never even happened? What would've happened if you ctb right after? Same for this site, what would happen if it users ctb after this site gets taken down permanently? Who would they blame then?

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Despondent, _Minsk and 2 others
ReallySillyOtter

ReallySillyOtter

Will commit suicide or die tryin’.
Jun 20, 2020
Taking this site down would be like banning bandages during a bleeding epidemic.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, virginiawoolf86 and Despondent
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I hope these pro lifers step in dog poop

Reactions: Sinai Silence, FreddieQuell, Despondent and 2 others
rhiino

rhiino

Arcanist
May 13, 2020
Don't say that. Now they will blame you everytime they do step in dog poop. Somebody has to be at fault, after all.

Reactions: Sinai Silence, Despondent and illbeinthegarage
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Don't say that. Now they will blame you everytime they do step in dog poop. Somebody has to be at fault, after all.
They should blame me. I am the one doing it. Every time they step in poop it was placed there by me.

Reactions: Sinai Silence, Despondent, rhiino and 1 other person
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I think we should be good because BestGore is supported by Cloudflare. It went down earlier on and I saw Cloudflare pop up.

And best gore has hundreds of thousands of videos of people being murdered. If they can't take down that than we should we good.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Sinai Silence, Despondent and 1 other person
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
So in other words, they need a scapegoat, because without one they have to start looking at themselves to blame or they have to accept that their loved one left them willingly. They can't accept either of those so they lash out at everyone out of pain.

Yes.

I'm sorry about what happened to you. Who blames a child for a suicide over a break up that never even happened?

People thought that I did and that he killed himself in response because of a series of things that happened the same day, and came to the wrong conclusions. And we were all children, they were my peers who blamed me. I would have come to the same conclusion. I didn't defend myself because I was I was embarrassed about my mother making me break up with him (it was a new relationship and I was totally enamored, which was too much for my mother). Back then, it was a popular taunt, "Does your mom tell you what to wear?" She literally did. So I went to school and said with false bravado that I was going to break up with him as if I were over him, but he'd already been dead for hours.

About a decade ago, I realized I had a PTSD reaction when standing up for myself, so I found a therapist who did EMDR. Turns out the root cause, which I thought was something else (PTSD is like that), was the constant pressure of not speaking up for myself and feeling powerless to defend myself (I didn't even try with the exception of a couple of close friends).

What would've happened if you ctb right after?

I almost did a few months later, not for being scapegoated over that, but being blamed for something else I didn't do and being scapegoated, the usual family stuff. I just couldn't take being falsely blamed and made responsible for my parents' feelings anymore. (I forgot my umbrella, I got wet, and my mother lost her temper and asked, "Why do you keep doing this to your dad and I?" I thought, "I won't do anything to you anymore.")

What would happen if it users ctb after this site gets taken down permanently? Who would they blame then?

That wouldn't change who or what they blame unless they changed their thoughts and perceptions about their loved ones' deaths, which they may or may or may not be capable of doing or willing to do. In comparison, my parents have never changed their perceptions that I am to blame for their feelings and actions, and I don't think they're capable. They just double down when challenged. Humans do that. It's far more rare to own one's feelings and responses to them and to stop falsely blaming.

It's all about discharging discomfort rather than experiencing and owning it; it is a rejection of owning and experiencing the feelings one hates and the truths one hates.

I have been scapegoated since before I could talk, and I am also human, and sought to understand these things as well as to heal, so I have compassion along with my frustration and pain. The human experience is so hard and often so awful, especially if one wasn't given the tools to manage discomfort and not being in control. Usually one has to learn it because they want to learn it (even if it's taught, they may reject it; self-deception and angry discharges are human defaults, and the same discharges are seen in some primates).

Remember that the scapegoat carries the stains and burdens of others' sins and is sent out into the wilderness to wander alone or to perish alone with the sins, so that others can be stainless and burden-free. Those who scapegoat someone for another's suicide falsely ensure through magical thinking that their loved one remains stainless and that they do as well. When they come to the realization they were wrong, they may double down to save face, akin to how I saved face by not defending myself.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Sinai Silence, Despondent and 2 others
MaisieWilliamsLover

MaisieWilliamsLover

Jun 27, 2020
I think we should be good because BestGore is supported by Cloudflare. It went down earlier on and I saw Cloudflare pop up.

And best gore has hundreds of thousands of videos of people being murdered. If they can't take down that than we should we good.
All this stuff about site going down honestly it's paranoia this group of people attacking the site are not a large number of people they don't have major influence or lobbyist. They're not a threat

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 14386, Despondent, Stavrogin and 2 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
With much compassion and respect to Shawn's family and others who have lost a loved one to suicide and seek to discharge that pain by battling us -- who are the same as those you loved, who like them do not seek to assault you or others in seeking release from suffering -- I share from my sincere and good heart this post by another member:

"Hello Cruel World" is a book by author Kate Bornstein who also wrote a moving tribute to her friend who did CTB, in which she wrote:
"We think: if only I had just… and … if only I hadn't… and I should have seen it coming. My darling, she left because she felt she needed to leave. Please allow her that agency, and take comfort in knowing you were a beloved member of her tribe while she was alive."

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Despondent
H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
Everyone wants to be a hero without actually putting an effort into it. It's easy to say, "Let's stop suicide." But no one wants to help the disabled or the mentally ill. If we can't work, it's a fuck you, and we starve, homeless.

Last edited:
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, ithappens, Sinai Silence and 5 others