G

Gsz1982

Nov 18, 2020
For me CTB has been an amazing option for me to have control to end my suffering. After 5 failed attempts, 2 hangings, 1 paracetamol overdose, a codine overdose and trying to jup off a cliff I'm at my wits end. Any advice.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hennessy, NodusTollens, darksideofthebright and 5 others
C

Cakes

She/Her
Oct 25, 2020
I haven't attempted yet, I would prefer to do it the once and that be it :/ Im not sure what to suggest.. have you read the resources?

• Hugs
Reactions: Zebedee, darksideofthebright, sadworld and 1 other person
Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
What went wrong at your hangings?

Reactions: darksideofthebright, Cakes and sadworld
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
Lost All Hope has the success rate of all the methods. Though he only includes conventional method, not ones like SN.

Reactions: Cakes and sadworld
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I would recommend you to check out the suicide resources to find better methods.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/suicide-resource-compilation.3/

Something like paracetamol OD isn't really an attempt because that will definitely never work.

Reactions: Ghost2211, darksideofthebright and Cakes
G

Gsz1982

Nov 18, 2020
What went wrong at your hangings?
Each time I placed a belt on a door and it snapped. Was in intensive care for one but last one yesterday just snapped. Sore neck.
Lost All Hope has the success rate of all the methods. Though he only includes conventional method, not ones like SN.
I can't get SN on the UK
I just need this pain to end and I feel hanging is a good and quick method.. If only I could get it right

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and darksideofthebright
Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
So just use a rope

Reactions: Ghost2211
justpeachy

justpeachy

I’m haunted by the bottle & death on my breath.
Sep 6, 2020
I would recommend you to check out the suicide resources to find better methods.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/suicide-resource-compilation.3/

Something like paracetamol OD isn't really an attempt because that will definitely never work.
I mean that's not actually true. Tylenol overdoses certainly will kill you just very very very slowly and very painfully. It is likely to take about 1-3 weeks to die and you'll die of multi system organ failure. Odds are you will get taken to the hospital as you will be vomiting all over within a few hours and they will give you the antidote but if you manage to stay away from anyone and take large amounts over a 1 week period, you definitely could die.

Reactions: darksideofthebright
darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Check in on your happy friend
Nov 10, 2020
I am so sorry to hear that you have had attempts after attempts and have not been successful to ctb.

We cannot really advise, because we don't know exactly what went wrong for you in your last attempts. But it seems like you'll probably need a better/more secure rope. Jumping off a cliff also seems like it should have worked, but maybe because of the height or SI?

Regardlessly, I do hope that you find the peace that you deserve though. SN is almost impossible to get in the UK now, but there are many other methods if you look them up on the wiki site.

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
The best is full suspension or jumping

NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
For me CTB has been an amazing option for me to have control to end my suffering. After 5 failed attempts, 2 hangings, 1 paracetamol overdose, a codine overdose and trying to jup off a cliff I'm at my wits end. Any advice.

I feel you on such a personal level, failing repeatedly is devastating. :hug:

I also have a few failed attempts under my belt TBH, I don't even have the exact number. Somewhere north of 5... it was a rough month of drinking and attempting... so it's a lot of a blur. That damn SI, smh. 1 OD, Multiple Partial hanging fails, 2 Cutting fails... it was rough.

I wish you well in your journey. Good luck.