Ms.Starr

Ms.Starr

Sep 10, 2022
I am tired of people trolling and flaming post. Why can't we block people from our profile and interacting with us? The site allows for harassment because there is no way to fully disengage. The person can follow you around the site including view your profile and new posts to essentially stalk you on the site.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Yeah, SS should add something that lets you essentially block people, maybe they can still see your posts but they can't react to them or reply. It would help a lot. Although i haven't experienced anyone following me around on this website i have experienced being stalked on a couple of websites and it is very bothersome. (At least i have the ability to block them, which is good.)

• Love
Reactions: yaldabaoth, scorchie, Ms.Starr and 1 other person
Ms.Starr

Ms.Starr

Sep 10, 2022
I have been a member for a long time. People have trolled my post and keep inflaming it. There aren't enough mods here to handle 25k members doing that. We should be able to block members who are harassing us. I assume the new owner and mods have jobs, families, hobbies, personal lives off the site. They can't be here 24/7 policing the members who misbehave. I totally get that and understand. Which is why a great solution is for us to have some privacy and ability to enforce boundaries with other members. As of right now we can not. I have had many bad experiences using this site that could have been resolved with either more mods being available or just a blocking feature.

Reactions: I'mdone77 and yaldabaoth
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
Yeah, SS should add something that lets you essentially block people, maybe they can still see your posts but they can't react to them or reply.
I assumed that's what the ignore button does

does it not work that way?

Reactions: I'mdone77 and saddestbunny
Ms.Starr

Ms.Starr

Sep 10, 2022
I assumed that's what the ignore button does

does it not work that way?
Nope! As far as I know it just hides their responses under your posts. They can still view your profile and see new activity. Which means they can track your posts and troll you.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: psp3000
CrestfallenMima

CrestfallenMima

Staring into the abyss
Dec 28, 2021
Not having a block button is so weird, I hope this isn't an intentional choice
Do you want to post about this in the forum suggestions thread so maybe mods can look into it?

Last edited:
hamtaro

hamtaro

Paragon
Oct 8, 2022
Reactions: Skathon and CrestfallenMima
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Yea v awfl forum v awfl ppl hars atk no safe

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
You can go into your account settings and adjust your privacy features so no one can see when you're online and what page your visiting! That should stop a Troll stalking you when on here, Hope that helps, 🐺👍

Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Why not report to mods?

• Harass, bully, attack or insult other members.
    • If someone is misbehaving or breaking the rules, report them instead. Do not troll or proselytize, meaning do not impose your views - no matter what they are - on others or make threads to get people riled up.

Reactions: Skathon
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I have been a member for a long time. People have trolled my post and keep inflaming it. There aren't enough mods here to handle 25k members doing that. We should be able to block members who are harassing us. I assume the new owner and mods have jobs, families, hobbies, personal lives off the site. They can't be here 24/7 policing the members who misbehave. I totally get that and understand. Which is why a great solution is for us to have some privacy and ability to enforce boundaries with other members. As of right now we can not. I have had many bad experiences using this site that could have been resolved with either more mods being available or just a blocking feature.
Report the person you feel is harassing you, we'll look into it.

Reactions: Skathon
Ms.Starr

Ms.Starr

Sep 10, 2022
Not having a block button is so weird, I hope this isn't an intentional choice
Do you want to post about this in the forum suggestions thread so maybe mods can look into it?
I did not know there was a forum suggestion thread. Thank you for letting me know. Please send link to it.
Apologies if I'm intruding, but as I understand it from this thread, there was a "block" feature at one time but it was discontinued (full explanation in the thread):

Oh, thank you. I appreciate it. I will read up on it.
Report the person you feel is harassing you, we'll look into it.
Okay, thank you.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: psp3000 and Myforevercharlie
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Can you set your profile to 'private'? I think most profiles are automatically set to private when we join. I guess they could still do a search for your posts but maybe that would at least be more hassle for them.

• Informative
Reactions: Ms.Starr and psp3000