EndofEternity

EndofEternity

Mar 19, 2022
Everyone I love always ends up leaving in the end. They all say they'll never leave me, they'll never treat me like that. That despite my mental illnesses, they'll always be there for me. But everyone always leaves in the end. One even told me recently that they can't maintain our friendship if I don't work on my mental health. Like, do you not think I haven't tried? I did the best I could to work on myself, to address my problems. And you still treated me like shit. I tried as hard as I could to work things out, and you responded with outright hostility. I did my absolute best to try to fix things between us, and it still wasn't enough for you. And you have the NERVE to say you still care about me. And you expect me to believe that? When all I get from you is hostility towards me, you expect me to believe you care about me? If you really cared about me, you wouldn't have acted the way you did. You wouldn't have ignored me when I needed you. You pretend to care about my well-being, but I say, you lost the right to care when YOU became the reason that my being wasn't well to begin with. You don't get to say that you care about me, when you're the reason I hit this point in the first place

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: walt, AtMostOkay, OnlyWinOnce and 2 others
Rockman

Rockman

Experienced
Feb 9, 2020
There is no guarantee of anything but death and taxes. There is no certainty about the relationship with its dynamic nature so these assurances can be put between fairy tales.
Maybe your work on yourself was not enough for this guy you describe.
Everyone has the right to decide whether the relationship is convenient for him or not.
It is a bad business to make your own well-being dependent on others, and no one (except parents) has a duty to cause someone else's well-being. It's hard but it's better to learn to comfort yourself.
The great thing Buddhism has taught me is what to believe. Believe in your experience. Nothing else needs to be true.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rational man
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I believe that people can be very disappointing, they can let us down and can make our lives much worse. I see most people as being very selfish, they only care about what directly affects themselves. I'm sorry that you had to deal with people like that. I wish you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rational man
sharky

sharky

Lost
Dec 15, 2021
People are disappointing and I feel your pain. But some people think that they can handle someone with a mental illness when in reality they can't. Not all the time anyway. Sometimes other people have to protect themselves too, you know. I don't know the full story, but I'm sure it wasn't their intention to hurt you.

• Hugs
Reactions: AtMostOkay and Rational man
jawdropped123

jawdropped123

Experienced
Mar 19, 2022
I get where youre coming from. It may be hard being friends with someone that is mentally ill especially when your friends are happy people and you arent. Sometimes it can effect them mentally too and no one is prepared for that despite what they say in the beginning of a relationship. Nothing is guaranteed only dead. I hope you have a great day

• Hugs
Reactions: AtMostOkay and Rational man
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
A true friend is there for YOU in the good times and the bad times. Otherwise they are not true friends. Regrettably, ive encountered people who were only ' half ' comitted and soon disappeared when I became ill. So be kind to YOU because many of us deserve better friendships.