card1nal

card1nal

trying to find peace by whatever means possible :)
Jan 23, 2023
I'm starting to get that feeling again like everyone is out to get me. My siblings recently told me about the terrible things my parents have been saying about me behind my back recently, which is probably what triggered this intense paranoia. I've dealt with this situation before, but I always somehow forget how terrible my parents can be until they strike again.

I feel as though my friends are acting weird around me. A few of them I think could be ignoring me and one of them has been eerily quiet. I can't figure out a reason as to why they may be acting like this, which I thought would assuage my paranoia, but it just makes it worse. On top of that, some of my friends have been making posts that feel like they've been directed at me. They're mostly just posting songs or reposting other people's posts, but I always feel like they're somehow trying to tell me something indirectly.

I don't know how to make the paranoid thoughts stop. I don't want to believe my friends have it out for me and are conspiring to leave me but I can't help it. I know that if I just ask them about it they could assure me that everything is fine, but how am I supposed to believe them? Plus, some of them know I deal with psychosis, so they may just accuse me of being psychotic without acknowledging my concerns.

Does anyone have tips on relieving paranoid thoughts? I'm willing to do anything, really.

Reactions: jdog2498
jdog2498

jdog2498

Dec 8, 2022
running + music, anything that works for you. honestly just listening to them, at a certain point. it gets tiring fighting them

• Love
Reactions: card1nal
-TheSorrow-

-TheSorrow-

A host of sorrows
Mar 30, 2023
This may end up causing a few of your friends to leave, but perhaps taking a break from social media could be beneficial.
(assuming this is where you speak to most of them)
I too suffer from bouts of paranoia, has been like this since I was younger, I pretty much only had the internet to keep me company.

When I was younger I used to just take breaks from people/social media and I'd post something or tell my few friends that I needed a break and they understood, but after a few sour interactions with people that have led me on for multiple years, I just end up removing people now.
Which I tend to regret after I've calmed down, but taking breaks did help for for a while.

It also seems that you may be dealing with a toxic family, which could be the catalyst of it all...
Sadly I don't have any suggestions to help you with that, as I'm trying to move out.

Another suggestion/worry I have is that you may have BPD or another PD, if you are able and willing to talk with a psychologist, at least knowing what you have could be beneficial enough to make plans and work around it.

• Love
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
Limit contact with your parents when you can, it's not paranoia to expect something horrible from them again, you owe them nothing.

Maybe your gut is picking up on some things about your friends, but if some of them want to leave, then you should try to accept that, we can't force people to be around us.

Talk to a therapist if you can, they will help you sort your thoughts out and monitor your progress.

• Love