ChiseHatori

ChiseHatori

Mar 2, 2023
I'm considering some things.

I've tried practicing this method, and it feels right, but I have trouble with my SI and a twinge of guilt. It also starts to feel like my head is gonna explode way before I start to pass out, which really kicks in the SI... I literally keep trying and failing. I can't take any drugs or alcohol to help, and I have no proper income source (that isn't monitored currently) to get more... exclusive methods. I can't in good faith do many of the other popular methods, mostly jumping into traffic etc. My SI and guilt is triple when other people are involved.

Is there literally anything I can do to make this work?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Foreverix and アホペンギン
Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
So your jugular veins are what drain blood from the head and neck back to the heart after the blood is deoxygenated. The carotid arteries supply the head and neck with oxygenated blood.

Your jugulars run outside of your carotid on either side, and they are mostly protected by the SCM muscles. If you feel your head is about to explode, it means that the jugular is compressed and blood is building up in the skull. This also probably means that blood is not getting back to the heart. Enough time spent this way might render the brain unconscious. But it hurts.

Other members here say you need to play with ligature placement, tightness, and sometimes body position to reduce the exploding feeling. Some swear that if the proper placement is found, you won't feel an exploding feeling, but you'll feel a tingly feeling, get dizzy, vision will start to darken, and unconsciousness will be in 5 to 6 seconds. My guess is that you may not be leaning into the hanging fast enough, or not letting all your weight fall. But I don't know.

Of course, this is all highly variable and is different for every individual. As for your personal guilt and physical reluctance, only you can think about and try to answer these issues. Others here may say you don't want it badly enough, or that you should reconsider your life due to doubts about suicide. But only you can decide what you really want for yourself. Struggling with fear doesn't make you weak, though. Those who are dead are no better or worse than any of us. You are weighing your options, considering consequences, and moving at your own speed. Nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morgengrauen and ChiseHatori
ChiseHatori

ChiseHatori

Mar 2, 2023
So your jugular veins are what drain blood from the head and neck back to the heart after the blood is deoxygenated. The carotid arteries supply the head and neck with oxygenated blood.

Your jugulars run outside of your carotid on either side, and they are mostly protected by the SCM muscles. If you feel your head is about to explode, it means that the jugular is compressed and blood is building up in the skull. This also probably means that blood is not getting back to the heart. Enough time spent this way might render the brain unconscious. But it hurts.

Other members here say you need to play with ligature placement, tightness, and sometimes body position to reduce the exploding feeling. Some swear that if the proper placement is found, you won't feel an exploding feeling, but you'll feel a tingly feeling, get dizzy, vision will start to darken, and unconsciousness will be in 5 to 6 seconds. My guess is that you may not be leaning into the hanging fast enough, or not letting all your weight fall. But I don't know.

Of course, this is all highly variable and is different for every individual. As for your personal guilt and physical reluctance, only you can think about and try to answer these issues. Others here may say you don't want it badly enough, or that you should reconsider your life due to doubts about suicide. But only you can decide what you really want for yourself. Struggling with fear doesn't make you weak, though. Those who are dead are no better or worse than any of us. You are weighing your options, considering consequences, and moving at your own speed. Nothing wrong with that.
Thank you. I appreciate the detailed response. It's less fear and more SI, but guilt and fear are certainly present as well, but less so in the heat of it.

I hope you have a peaceful day.

Reactions: Foreverix