• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

FairyHeart

FairyHeart

May 7, 2022
I unfortunately don't have access to drugs and alcohol is kinda hard to get. I have prescribed propranolol, would that help? How much should I take?
Is there anything generally legal I could try?

nameeater

nameeater

the one with many regrets
Nov 21, 2021
If possible for you, full suspension is a far more reliable option compared to partial suspension. I sincerely doubt that propranolol will do anything in regards to SI, as it only prevents physical symptoms of anxiety (sweating, shaking, etc.). With full suspension it's much harder to back out rendering SI practically useless (all it'll really get you are some bloody hands, if you don't bind them prior).

I can understand drugs, but I'm curious as to
why you struggle to obtain alcohol? Is it an age thing, or something else?

FairyHeart

FairyHeart

May 7, 2022
If possible for you, full suspension is a far more reliable option compared to partial suspension. I sincerely doubt that propranolol will do anything in regards to SI, as it only prevents physical symptoms of anxiety (sweating, shaking, etc.). With full suspension it's much harder to back out rendering SI practically useless (all it'll really get you are some bloody hands, if you don't bind them prior).

I can understand drugs, but I'm curious why you struggle to obtain alcohol? Is it an age thing, or something else?
I'm a recovering alcoholic. Started recovering 2 weeks ago because my parents found out. They're now on high alert, so it's difficult to sneak out or sneak some in. I'm old enough to buy alcohol, just have obstacles in my way

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: RandomBeaver and nameeater
nameeater

nameeater

Nov 21, 2021
I'm a recovering alcoholic. Started recovering 2 weeks ago because my parents found out. They're now on high alert, so it's difficult to sneak out or sneak some in. I'm old enough to buy alcohol, just have obstacles in my way

I see. I do believe that in your case full suspension would likely the best and most reliable option. It's also what I plan on doing, as my circumstances are rather similar to yours. ^^

FairyHeart

FairyHeart

May 7, 2022
I see. I do believe that in your case full suspension would likely the best and most reliable option. It's also what I plan on doing, as my circumstances are rather similar to yours. ^^
I'm wondering if this counts as full suspension: I'm going to hang off of one of the long wooden poles on the end of my bed. It's taller than my height and has carvings that can help hold the rope in place. I was planning on going with partial suspension because people say it's more successful, but maybe full suspension would be better in my case. I would be hanging at a slight angle because I would be against the pole, not directly below anything. Would using the pole as an anchor work for full suspension? I can leave a good amount of space below me and I have a little chair I can kick away

nameeater

nameeater

Nov 21, 2021
I'm wondering if this counts as full suspension: I'm going to hang off of one of the long wooden poles on the end of my bed. It's taller than my height and has carvings that can help hold the rope in place. I was planning on going with partial suspension because people say it's more successful, but maybe full suspension would be better in my case. I would be hanging at a slight angle because I would be against the pole, not directly below anything. Would using the pole as an anchor work for full suspension? I can leave a good amount of space below me and I have a little chair I can kick away

If the pole is strong enough to support your weight (will not move or break), it should be fine. The slight angle shouldn't matter too much as long as you're able to have the knot behind your neck and make it so that it will tighten easily upon pressure.

FairyHeart

FairyHeart

May 7, 2022
If the pole is strong enough to support your weight (will not move or break), it should be fine. The slight angle shouldn't matter too much as long as you're able to have the knot behind your neck and make it so that it will tighten easily upon pressure.
Thanks, should I be worried about my weight? According to this site http://ash.notearthday.org/suspension.html, full suspension isn't the greatest idea if you don't weight much. Is ~95lbs too light? I can't imagine it would be an actual problem but this guy was super knowledgeable

nameeater

nameeater

Nov 21, 2021
Thanks, should I be worried about my weight? According to this site http://ash.notearthday.org/suspension.html, full suspension isn't the greatest idea if you don't weight much. Is ~95lbs too light? I can't imagine it would be an actual problem but this guy was super knowledgeable

It should be alright. I have seen some reports of cases where people have attached weights to themselves and have been successful, so if you're worried it may be insightful to look into that (I myself am not knowledgeable enough to accurately judge how helpful doing so would actually be).

I did read that it takes ~11 lbs to constrict the carotid, but I'm unsure of how reliable this information is so take it with a grain of salt.

FairyHeart

FairyHeart

May 7, 2022
It should be alright. I have seen some reports of cases where people have attached weights to themselves and have been successful, so if you're worried it may be insightful to look into that (I myself am not knowledgeable enough to accurately judge how helpful doing so would actually be).

I did read that it takes ~11 lbs to constrict the carotid, but I'm unsure of how reliable this information is so take it with a grain of salt.
I feel like this is a stupid question, but where would these 11lbs come from? I thought that all of most of your body weight would be carried by your neck