R

rustinpeacepolaris

Student
Apr 28, 2023
If I have the energy I'm going to drown myself tomorrow. Was wondering if it was an ok ctb method. cant swim.

Reactions: TimetoGo!
greatgooglymoogly

greatgooglymoogly

Dec 1, 2023
Really depends on what you mean by "ok". Sure you can die but it'll suck pretty much no matter what.

H

HaHaSoLame

Just Pretending
Oct 1, 2023
You'll need either need to be in a "altered" state of mind, or have a ridiculous amount of willpower. It'll be painful if we're assuming you're just gonna get yourself stuck in a body of water from which you can't escape easily.

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
Drowning will be very painful. You will panic, SI will make you thrash about for anything to grab onto as you sink, your lungs will burn intensely and the 3-4 minutes it takes to pass out will feel incredibly long.

If you're okay with this then go for it. After the 3-4 minutes it can transition to being quite peaceful for some. Not everyone experiences this and the first few minutes will be hell though.

There are more peaceful methods on the forum if you decide this amount of suffering is not something you want.

A still water drowning that involves a blackout dose of a sedative such as alcohol may be more peaceful as this way you would be unconscious by the time drowning occurs and won't feel anything. This can be done in a bathtub with a curved rim to ensure your head slides down into the water upon blackout.

Last edited:
Reactions: thinvy, Anomaly_death48 and greatgooglymoogly
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
Have you looked into SWB? It's very difficult, but it works in theory.

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
Drowning will be very painful. You will panic, SI will make you thrash about for anything to grab onto as you sink, your lungs will burn intensely
That sounds like symptoms of drowning in a vat with hydrochloric acid, LMAO.
and the 3-4 minutes it takes to pass out will feel incredibly long.
3 - 4 minutes? Does it take so long in case if air is displaced by water in the lungs or in case of dry drowning (when water cannot enter the lungs because of laryngospasm)?
A still water drowning that involves a blackout dose of a sedative such as alcohol may be more peaceful as this way you would be unconscious by the time drowning occurs and won't feel anything.
Displacing oxygen from the lungs by asphyxiants can be a 100% peaceful method (causing hypoxic fainting in 20 - 40 seconds). After submerging, hypoxia would only increase by time leaving nearly zero chances for waking up, unless some force puts the head out of water.

sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
That sounds like symptoms of drowning in a vat with hydrochloric acid, LMAO.

3 - 4 minutes? Does it take so long in case if air is displaced by water in the lungs or in case of dry drowning (when water cannot enter the lungs because of laryngospasm)?

Displacing oxygen from the lungs by asphyxiants can be a 100% peaceful method (causing hypoxic fainting in 20 - 40 seconds). After submerging, hypoxia would only increase by time leaving nearly zero chances for waking up, unless some force puts the head out of water.
So do you mean the painful struggling part only last 20 to 40 seconds for drowning?? So in less than a minute total, the person will already be unaware and unconscious of the pain?

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
So do you mean the painful struggling part only last 20 to 40 seconds for drowning??
20 - 40 seconds is the approximate time of inhaling an inert gas or other asphyxiant that is enough for fainting (I can show how it works in PM if you want). Inhalation of a properly chosen asphyxiant can be painless and possibly pleasant (f.e., with nitrous oxide, ethylene, xenon), although pleasant gases can be too expensive (like xenon) or difficult to obtain legally in some countries.
So in less than a minute total, the person will already be unaware and unconscious of the pain?
If you pass out because of low blood oxygen saturation level, you won't feel anything unless/until you regain consciousness by elevating the oxygen saturation somehow.