Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
I have had tinnitus for several years, it was definitely bought on by taking shitty meds. Is there other people on here that have it and are thy helped at all?
Peace/hugs

• Hugs
Reactions: WinterFaust and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
H

Hadenuf

Student
Aug 3, 2019
I have had tinnitus for several years, it was definitely bought on by taking shitty meds. Is there other people on here that have it and are thy helped at all?
Peace/hugs
I started in March with it and now I want to ctb because of it

• Aww..
Reactions: Predestinated and Nem
Dystopia

Dystopia

💤💤💤
Jul 22, 2019

This works for some people. I also bought a guide a while ago from Liam stops tinnitus who recommends dry fasting for 2-3 days and following a really strict diet/regime. He has some pretty interesting videos on YouTube that might help you out.

It seems a lot to commit to, I have pretty high pitched tinnitus but it's pulsating really fast in my right ear which is annoying

• Hugs
Reactions: Nem
S

Shakespear's Brother

Sep 10, 2019
Mine started about 10 years ago after I began taking bupropion at a higher-than-average dose and I imagine was exacerbated by the enormous amounts of NSAIDs I used to take for years on end.

I've since lowered my bupropion dose and cut the NSAIDs but it's not helped.

In fact, since cutting the NSAIDs out completely, what started out as like white noise in both ears is now accompanied by a higher pitched whining in my right ear.

I've been to an ENT and they said everything looked as expected, although there was 'scarring' inside my ear canals and something like 'benign tumors'. Was ordered to take an MRI to confirm benign whatever but haven't yet.

It's pretty fucking shitty. The white noise was tolerable but the new high pitched whining is unpleasant.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Are you lost too? and Nem
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I've always had it. I have no idea what actual silence sounds like. I get loads of ear wax too. Never found a way to lessen it but alcohol makes it worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: Fragile and Nem
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
This was moved to off topic but a lot of people end their lives because of this very serious condition
Peace/hugs

Reactions: acute, Bluefish, Are you lost too? and 3 others
S

Shakespear's Brother

Sep 10, 2019
a lot of people end their lives because of this very serious condition
It was not a factor for me up until the high pitched whining started. I can't imagine living for years and years with this shit in my ear so it is now on my list of reasons why I want to ctb.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I've had tinnitus since birth. Nothing has helped it, but it doesn't really bother me

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
i've had it since i was 10 or so. i remember hearing about it on the radio and being glad that i didn't have it at the time, also scared of the possibility. then i got it and now i don't even remember how silence feels like and i'ts getting worse for me.

This really sucks and there is nothing that helps, i've read that some weird treatments with Psilocybin (magic mushrooms) help a tiny ammount of people with tinnitus, but there is no real way to know for sure since tinnitus is an issue with multiple causes and everyone who have it, have it in very different ways. not even doctors know what causes it in 90% of cases.

and that "reddit tinnitus cure" only helps for about a single second until tinnitus comes back.

• Love
Reactions: Nem and Are you lost too?