_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
It's just horrible, tbh it's a nightmare, at least to me. A literal nightmare. I know there are people who can cope with it, but i just can't. Its a huge reason for me to ctb. Knowing i will never have silence again in this life is just a death sentence to me.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: AncientSorrow, DarkTear, Laba and 23 others
LoveYoux

LoveYoux

Haunted
Jun 6, 2022
Can imagine it's a small form of torture, does music help? Could be like Baby Driver x

Reactions: BluesRunTheGame, whatevs, Tortured Existence and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Tinnitus really can be so awful, at least mine is not as bad as how it used to be, but I know that it can be so devastating for some people. I just try to avoid noise in general as I do not want to make it worse. I think that those who are fine with tinnitus must have it quite mild, but I have heard that it can be hard to function if someone has severe/catastrophic tinnitus.

Such a thing should not exist in the first place and there really should be a cure. In general it is so horrible how so many health conditions exist and I'm sorry that you suffer so unbearably. I wish you relief from pain in whatever you decide to do.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: _Minsk and Deleted member 31858
Tortured Existence

Tortured Existence

Alone till the end
May 18, 2022
It's just horrible, tbh it's a nightmare, at least to me. A literal nightmare. I know there are people who can cope with it, but i just can't. Its a huge reason for me to ctb. Knowing i will never have silence again in this life is just a death sentence to me.
I totally empathise and it's the same for me. It contributes to my already terrible insomnia and anxiety. I always valued peace and quiet so much. Now it's forever gone😞.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: whatevs, outrider567, Dead Meat and 2 others
NothingElseMatters

NothingElseMatters

Warlock
Mar 30, 2020
that's one of the reasons i'm afraid of sn. surviving having now tinitus scares the shit out of me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, _Minsk and PrisonBreak
D

Deleted member 31858

Noise is one of the worst things there is. It's also my main reason for ctb
I understand you, I'm tired of this. Everything would be a little easier if there was tranquility and silence.

• Hugs
Reactions: Foresight, PrisonBreak, Dead Meat and 1 other person
Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
This started for me about a year ago, just out of nowhere. I'm lucky enough to have it only in one ear, but it can be rough. Constantly making noises 24/7. If I turn my head it goes away temporarily, but it's still really frustrating to deal with.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: _Minsk, outrider567, Dead Meat and 1 other person
P

PrisonBreak

Student
Oct 29, 2021
It is the only reason why I am suicidal and also one of the reasons it's hard to commit suicide. In my honest opinion, it is one of the worst things that can happen to a human being and I would not wish this on even the worst people on earth.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Foresight, _Minsk, whatevs and 5 others
T

Thalassa

Jul 24, 2018
Sorry for the unsolicited advice, but please just ignore what I'm about to say if you already know this stuff. Firstly, I would suggest reading the website of the American Tinnitus Association (ata dot org) very thoroughly and joining them to get their newsletter if you haven't already. They provide lots of good, credible info about managing tinnitus. One treatment that people do (or at least they used to back when I was researching tinnitus) is Tinnitus Retraining Therapy (TRT) to help them to habituate to their tinnitus. There are also medications that are listed on the ATA's website.

As a very, VERY last resort, I would suggest taking a long-acting benzo. I would normally NEVER recommend taking a benzo on a daily basis because they screw up your gaba receptors and going off of them is HELL and can take 6 months to a YEAR or even LONGER - depending on how long you take them and at what dose. And you might NEVER fully recover from them. But with that being said, benzos reduce tinnitus and taking them beats catching the bus. But again, research all your options VERY thoroughly - including OTHER MEDS. And I would NOT take benzos until you have exhausted ALL of your treatment options for tinnitus.

If you're wondering about me, I'm fortunate in that I naturally habituated to my tinnitus and that's not why I'm here.

Anyway, sorry again for the unsolicited advice! Just thought I would write this message in case it's of help to anyone.

Reactions: _Minsk, outrider567 and FreedomDog
FreedomDog

FreedomDog

Dec 24, 2021
Sometimes I wish I was permanently deaf so I could hear nothing at all. Not a tinnitus sufferer here but I have severe misophonia and often it feels like every sound coming through the nerves from my ears into my brain is a torturous intrusion into my body. I hope we all all get some peace some day one way or another.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 31858, _Minsk, outrider567 and 3 others
T

Thalassa

Jul 24, 2018
Sometimes I wish I was permanently deaf so I could hear nothing at all. Not a tinnitus sufferer here but I have severe misophonia and often it feels like every sound coming through the nerves from my ears into my brain is a torturous intrusion into my body. I hope we all all get some peace some day one way or another.
Sorry to hear that. I came across a lot of information about it a number of years back, and I know it's a very difficult condition to have. I remember there was a Yahoo group for it that was run by an audiologist named Marsha Johnson In Oregon. I just checked to see what she's up to and she actually has a website with a bunch of misophonia videos in case you're interested.

Reactions: _Minsk and FreedomDog
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
In another timeline nobody has tinnitus and Fallout 68 was never released, instead they worked hard on Fallout 5.

• Love
L

LastNightOfTheWorld

(he/him) chronic pain, anxiety, depression
May 31, 2022
I can completely relate to you. I also have become afflicted with tinnitus in my right ear primarily. Part of my challenge is that it varies in loudness and quality day by day, so it's hard to habituate to. Yesterday was particularly maddening.

I've tried a number of things to help improve my situation. DM me if you want to chat. More than happy to talk about it.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk
W

WFJ74

Student
Aug 18, 2020
Ugh I only have mild/moderate Tinnitus and I know how much it bothers me... must be horrible to have an extreme case. I'm so sorry you're having to suffer with that :(

BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
Yeah my left ear is a severe hiss but generally only when I'm sober. Alas I have become an alcoholic (only partly because of this).

I do think that downer drugs like alcohol have a role to play in soothing the big T but that's just my experience; I'm no scientist. And alcoholism isn't exactly gonna get me very far...

• Hugs
Reactions: Eternally Dottie and _Minsk
CemetryGates

CemetryGates

𝔅𝔢𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔢𝔫 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔩𝔡𝔰
Apr 10, 2022
I have TMJ and it's one of my reasons as well, Knowing I can never be fully relaxed without tension is torture. Thoughts are with you ❤️

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk
Chronic

Chronic

Jun 14, 2021
I have significant tinnitus in my right ear from an abusive ex that intentionally caused my ear damage and it's torture. Background noise from things like an air purifier on high helps a little to mask it but it's constant and frustrating at times. Sorry you too struggle with it.
I have TMJ and it's one of my reasons as well, Knowing I can never be fully relaxed without tension is torture. Thoughts are with you ❤️
I used to have TMJ and wasn't able to yawn for a couple decades and it sucked. It started after I got my wisdom teeth removed and I think the surgeon damaged the temporomandibular joint on my right side. Anyway, I eventually fixed it by shoving forcefully on the joint (up slightly and towards my head with my right hand) while slowing opening and closing my jaw a little. It hurt like hell and popped each time but I did this frequently for a month or so and it stopped my TMJ and now I can yawn again. You can find some youtube videos for similar procedures. I think my jaw was subluxating and doing that set it in place and when I open my mouth and chew I am careful now not to force any movement that would pop it back out. I wonder if any chiropractors have any experience with fixing TMJ. Anyway, thought I would share this in case it may be of help and I am sorry you have TMJ.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Foresight
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i caused my own tinnitus by having addiction to weed and listening to drum and bass music with big head phones on but it's worst than that i've actually given my self a brain injury as well my resaon for ctb