S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
The differences between those of us who have decided to ctb and those who haven't are pretty eye-opening. I'm planning on taking that trip in about a year, but my whole outlook had changed.

The biggest thing for me is time. Getting older, I started understanding the value of time, but when you have a definite, fixed amount left, you realize it's the most valuable resource in our lives. Even the richest people can't get back one second. If I waste time, it's gone. Wasting time for me means I will do/accomplish less than I hope to before my trip.

Regrets are another difference. Not the "I should have taken that job instead" kind. But the kind where you wish you prioritized differently. The kind where you wish you took that chance, or talked to that person across the room. The kind where you wish you treated someone better. When you know you won't be able to set things right, and you have to live with what you did. When there's no end in sight, people tend to think things will work out/be ok/or be forgiven. When you know that you only have a week, month, year, you know that it probably won't.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ulisses, Sleepysam25, ecmnesia and 3 others
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
That's very insightful and very true.