Captainvoid

Captainvoid

Not all who drown are swimming.
Oct 24, 2023
Hi all ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘
A newbie here...
First post too.
I'm a bit confused by what non-prescription meds can be bought over the counter and will assist with CTB, in the U.K?
I want to go now, but my criterio is as follows, in no particular order:
Whatever I take, needs to be irreversible, will result in death.
Will that mean a meds & alcohol combination?
The strongest meds I think available is Codein (tablet form) ... recently I had a knee injury and only Codein worked for pain relief, and I can get freely from local chemists, seemingly as much as I want.
Strong sleeping type meds seems a waste of time, as tried some time ago, and ended up with the D.T's and raging insomnia, for 24hrs.
Going to my what is laughably called a GP, could raise concerns as my records have 2 botched attempts and a trip to the local secure mental unit, a year ago.
I don't want to leave a huge mess, for whoever has to find me, (it will be a non family member, as I'm classed homeless, but live in secure temporary accommodation.)
Slashing my wrists and hanging etc is out.
I don't have a gun.
I don't want to be a jumper off buildings etc.
I've quietly got all my affairs & records in order: A Will, funeral plan and some insurances, so while I can, I'd like to move on and CTB.
Codeine and strong alcohol is the plan.
Aside from possible puking as I go under, any thoughts...?
Any advice...?
Sorry if all the above has been covered previously.

Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
You really need to do a LOT more research. Check out the resources thread. Here
Nothing available OTC will be of any use. Very few medicines or combinations of medicines are reliably lethal. Those days are resigned to the history books, along with gas ovens that one could put their head in and cars with noxious exhaust fumes.
There's no such thing as reading too much.
The danger (which the information provided aims to prevent) is a failed attempt that does just enough to leave you physically and/or mentally disabled, incapable of finishing the job and dependent on others for the rest of your days.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Captainvoid

Captainvoid

Not all who drown are swimming.
Oct 24, 2023
You really need to do a LOT more research. Check out the resources thread. Here
Nothing available OTC will be of any use. Very few medicines or combinations of medicines are reliably lethal. Those days are resigned to the history books, along with gas ovens that one could put their head in and cars with noxious exhaust fumes.
There's no such thing as reading too much.
The danger (which the information provided aims to prevent) is a failed attempt that does just enough to leave you physically and/or mentally disabled, incapable of finishing the job and dependent on others for the rest of your days.
Good luck.
Thanks for taking the trouble to reply๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚ pretty much up to speed on most of the points you've mentioned, but worthwhile ticking them off the 'to-do-list' so to speak.
Hey-Ho onwards & upwards...