TeflonMummy

TeflonMummy

Apr 1, 2023
Things are slowly starting to improve in my personal life and with that I noticed that the days no longer drag by inches. May felt like it took an entire year to get through for me, but it's already almost a full week of June and it felt like just another weekend.

I don't mind the pace increasing, May was definitely a slog fest for me, but I'm worried that if things get too good I will take it for granted and run through the better parts of my life back into a miserable spot.

Anyone else have experience / advice with this?

• Love
Reactions: unrest and psp3000
unrest

unrest

Jun 3, 2023
ahhhh currently dealing with this right now. have just been experimenting with my routine seeing if waking up earlier helps, or going to sleep in the morning and waking up in late noon / staying up all night. and it all honestly varies on my mood but idk what was up with may but it felt so agonizing and slow. junes pacing is a lot better compared to may. i would just say to take it day by day. when the days are good, enjoy them, dont even think about when it'll end. embrace the feeling. trust that when you are going through a rough period, that you will give yourself the comfort and reliance that you need. whether that can be talking to someone you trust, doing something creative, reflecting, etc. it's all just an experiment to see what works best for us. but always keep doing what you love. ^__^

Reactions: TeflonMummy
TeflonMummy

TeflonMummy

Apr 1, 2023
ahhhh currently dealing with this right now. have just been experimenting with my routine seeing if waking up earlier helps, or going to sleep in the morning and waking up in late noon / staying up all night. and it all honestly varies on my mood but idk what was up with may but it felt so agonizing and slow. junes pacing is a lot better compared to may. i would just say to take it day by day. when the days are good, enjoy them, dont even think about when it'll end. embrace the feeling. trust that when you are going through a rough period, that you will give yourself the comfort and reliance that you need. whether that can be talking to someone you trust, doing something creative, reflecting, etc. it's all just an experiment to see what works best for us. but always keep doing what you love. ^__^
Thank you for the advice, making sure I'm always doing something a little different or changing things here and there has been helping a lot with removing the "autopilot" feeling I've been having for so long. Coming out of my last relationship I just stopped worrying about things would end and just started loving them without really caring if it would end the next day or not and it really helped me through the end of it. Probably is an attitude I should carry over to good days too.

<3

katara

katara

tired all the time
Mar 17, 2022
honestly if things did get good in my life i'd be pretty overwhelmed, if a good person came into my life... at this point i just know it won't last long...
For me i try to clean more because it helps me take up time in my day that i'd otherwise just spend online or having negative thoughts about my inveitable future which doesn't look good AT ALL :notsure: I've always had a weird perception of time because i struggle a lot with uncontrollable dissociation. Like whenever i was unhappy as kid, i'd just doze off and be somewhere else. So it didn't even bother me when i'd be somewhere i didn't want to be, because i could just get lost in my fantasy world.