Insertname1

Insertname1

Student
Sep 21, 2020
I posted last night about getting a sick note, doctors rang twice today and I missed the call. I was up all night and didn't hear my phone when I fell asleep. I have to ring back tomorrow now but I have work tomorrow, should I message my boss directly about time off until I get a sick note and what would I say? I always feel really vulnerable when I talk about this kind of thing and never know what to say

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Ghost2211 and Huntfish34
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Hey boss I woke up today with a bit of a sore throat

Reactions: Huntfish34
Insertname1

Insertname1

Student
Sep 21, 2020
Hey boss I woke up today with a bit of a sore throat
I used the been sick excuse last week before I built up the courage to even get in touch with the doctors. I think if I tell her whats going on she'll sympathise with me but I've no idea how to do it as I hate calling people and get anxiety talking about it

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I used the been sick excuse last week before I built up the courage to even get in touch with the doctors. I think if I tell her whats going on she'll sympathise with me but I've no idea how to do it as I hate calling people and get anxiety talking about it
Oh.... yeah that excuse only works once in a while. I would be hesitant to use manual health reasons to get sick days in fear of losing the job. Not sure how that works where you work.

Insertname1

Insertname1

Student
Sep 21, 2020
Oh.... yeah that excuse only works once in a while. I would be hesitant to use manual health reasons to get sick days in fear of losing the job. Not sure how that works where you work.
They can't fire me for it, partly coz im a manager and partly coz ivr been there 2 years so its alot harder to fire someone. A woman took 6 months off for anxiety, did that 2 separate times. I think 2 weeks or so for me would be ok lol

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Sinkinshyp and Ghost2211
AvaAdore

AvaAdore

When will it be?
Jul 20, 2020
Send your boss a vague message that you are not feeling well and will be able to send a doctor's note soon. Also tell them when you might be able to go back to work.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
You need to provide a doctor's note to prove your illness? That seems really unfair. And quite frankly, a "mental health day" should be a valid excuse for a day off. Again — our society's disregard for mental health when compared to physical health.

Reactions: Sinkinshyp
Insertname1

Insertname1

Student
Sep 21, 2020
You need to provide a doctor's note to prove your illness? That seems really unfair. And quite frankly, a "mental health day" should be a valid excuse for a day off. Again — our society's disregard for mental health when compared to physical health.
I think the note is just to show you're trying to help yourself and have legitimate paid sick days id assume.

Reactions: Sinkinshyp
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
It's weird how we value ourselves so little that we prioritise the operation of our employer's business over ourselves.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga