moggedtodeath

moggedtodeath

Nov 5, 2022
20230828 202446

I followed the Vizzy method to test the purity of the SN purchased from TIG.

I followed it precisely. what does everyone think of my results?

• Aww..
Reactions: Kompass, nom de guerre, アホペンギン and 1 other person
Huggs

Huggs

Wish for peace
Jul 6, 2023
If your target was 10mg/L like in Vizzy's guide these results don't look good to me. It looks to be between 5 and 10 ppm, closer to 5 ppm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sid19, dialogos, AnonGermany and 1 other person
B

BornByGhosts

wants to overcome Sports Illustrated
Mar 3, 2023
it looks closer to 10 to me but i might be reading it wrong?

Techef

Techef

Student
Jun 19, 2023
Looks like it's somewhere in between 5-10 but much closer to 5 than 10. Water was distilled, right? With these aquarium type test strip kits, it's hard to tell what intermediate gradations mean. When I tested mine it looked right on the dot 5, but I'd need to retest to provide pictures as I forgot. Currently more focused on finishing my Nitrogen setup, so I put SN on backburner...

A

Anon7b8

Experienced
Aug 21, 2023
Looks closer to 5 than 10...

Reactions: dialogos
moggedtodeath

moggedtodeath

Nov 5, 2022
Looks like it's somewhere in between 5-10 but much closer to 5 than 10. Water was distilled, right? With these aquarium type test strip kits, it's hard to tell what intermediate gradations mean. When I tested mine it looked right on the dot 5, but I'd need to retest to provide pictures as I forgot. Currently more focused on finishing my Nitrogen setup, so I put SN on backburner...
Yeah, I used distilled water. What's your nitrogen setup? I've never looked into this.

AnonGermany

AnonGermany

Student
Jul 9, 2023
does this mean its pure? quite confused about what these test mean.
It depends on what Number he was aiming for. There is a Formula. So without him telling us how much water and SN was used, and how much he transfered, his result doesnt really tell us much.

Check in this guide - theres a whole section for testing.

If he was following the example, then his result of 5 is indeed on the weaker side.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sid19 and Anon7b8
A

Anon7b8

Experienced
Aug 21, 2023
It depends on what Number he was aiming for. There is a Formula. So without him telling us how much water and SN was used, and how much he transfered, his result doesnt really tell us much.

Check in this guide - theres a whole section for testing.

If he was following the example, then his result of 5 is indeed on the weaker side.

He said he followed the vizzy method, i think it's the same test we did with 2x 500ml or water, 2.5g of sn, and transferred 1ml from cup a to cup b.

Reactions: Sid19 and AnonGermany
AnonGermany

AnonGermany

Student
Jul 9, 2023
He said he followed the vizzy method, i think it's the same test we did with 2x 500ml or water, 2.5g of sn, and transferred 1ml from cup a to cup b.
Ah woops. Still sleepy 😱

• Yay!
Reactions: dialogos
A

Anon7b8

Experienced
Aug 21, 2023
Ah woops. Still sleepy 😱
Good morning then?
does this mean its pure? quite confused about what these test mean.
What we would need is 10mg/l aka the darkest one as the aquarium test itself is not entirely 100% accurate just close enough. Since we need to have >95% purity to add the chance of ctb-ing properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: wyn and dialogos
dialogos

dialogos

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
View attachment 119213

I followed the Vizzy method to test the purity of the SN purchased from TIG.

I followed it precisely. what does everyone think of my results?
If you followed the guide (dilution steps) and followed the instructions of the test kit itself, I'm sorry to tell you its really near 5 coz its a light shade of pink. Dark pink is what you need. I'm not colorblind btw

Reactions: Anon7b8
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
It looks closer to 5ppm, I'm not sure what makes it pure or not but based on past reports from people who bought from TIG, your SN isn't pure. Many people ran into the same problem after buying SN from TIG, better to buy from someone else.

• Informative
Reactions: Sid19 and dialogos
moggedtodeath

moggedtodeath

Nov 5, 2022
Did you tried blood test?
Yeah it's on my page
It looks closer to 5ppm, I'm not sure what makes it pure or not but based on past reports from people who bought from TIG, your SN isn't pure. Many people ran into the same problem after buying SN from TIG, better to buy from someone else.
Yeah that package is on the way. If anyone needs another source pm me
Yup. You're correct

GettingOut

GettingOut

I'm not worth any tears
Aug 16, 2022
My SN is from TIG. My backup has always been FSH. Please DM me another source.

Reactions: Kompass
front of me

front of me

Experienced
Aug 3, 2023
I saw a blood test and it was fine, but with this test it seems less than expected. Have you been exposed to air since the last time? I am sorry for your loss because I read about your relationship.

H

HaveToEndIt

Apr 13, 2023
Yeah it's on my page

Yeah that package is on the way. If anyone needs another source pm me

Yup. You're correct
I can't DM you for some reason and DM's are opened for me. Can you link me the source? I actually bought SN from TIG myself.

moggedtodeath

moggedtodeath

Nov 5, 2022
I saw a blood test and it was fine, but with this test it seems less than expected. Have you been exposed to air since the last time? I am sorry for your loss because I read about your relationship.
No, it hasn't been and thanks but I'm ready to CTB.