Letmedienow

Letmedienow

Aug 17, 2023
Just wanted to say that please consider that people can be triggered by seeing these topics on the Suicide Discussion thread. I saw something that said SA and assumed it meant the method not a sexual assault discussion. I don't come here for that and I don't want to be reminded of any of that. It could cause someone to have a flashback or relapse. I think those topics really should go in the off-topic area or maybe it can have it's own area. I really think Suicide Discussion thread should be kept to discussing suicide topics only so people can feel safe here.

H

HappyForever?

Love from the deepest dream
Feb 14, 2021
I think these posts need a trigger warning. Maybe consider posting this in the forum suggestions section?

A

AlouA

looking for CTB partner in SEA
Sep 19, 2023
There could be confusing acronyms too. For example, SA for social anxiety not otherwise

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think some of the posts you mention in my opinion belong in the suicide discussion as ED and/or SA are why some people want to ctb but there should be some kind of trigger warning like in the title or above the post so people know before they start reading.

But I do understand when it comes to self harm as that one gets posted about so much in the suicide discussion despite the fact that it's meant to be a suicide discussion not a self harm method discussion I think posts about self harm methods should be elsewhere as that's not suicide discussion or suicidal venting and sometimes threads like that take over this section.

Like I come onto the suicide discussion to read about suicide related topics not to be bombarded with self harm method threads, I just think in general there is a lot of threads in the suicide discussion that I think belong in other areas of the site, like people post anything in here, I often see off topic threads. And also someone did suggest a section for general venting at some point which could be appropriate for some of the threads you describe. But anyway this is just my opinion.