paroxyical

paroxyical

you dont have to understand to accept.
Feb 15, 2020
As an alternative to drinking alcohol, or doing other drugs?

I know very little about weed, but would it not calm you down instead of alcohol which just makes me impulsive?

Would it worsen hallucinations or delusions? In my psychology class they say it can lead to schizophrenia if you are genetically vulnerable and I believe I probably am. So a bad idea or..?

Idk, just need opinions

• Love
Reactions: terry_a_davis, maka, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
Some people say it works wonders..Me personally it makes me go inside my own head more.I get paranoid and anti social/isolated.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, lizinha, Brick In The Wall and 3 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I'm doing it right now.

• Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Rome Horseman
paroxyical

paroxyical

you dont have to understand to accept.
Feb 15, 2020
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Mesohappy is right, it makes you go more inside your head. Tbh I should have given up years ago but I'm glad I tried it. It's definitely made me a more thoughtful person but naturally that doesn't reduce suicidal thoughts. It's also contributed to isolating myself completely. Socially awkward as hell. The opposite of alcohol really

• Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, Rome Horseman and mesohappy
enjoy

enjoy

Creature
Dec 20, 2019
i used to smoke weed all the time. i was a stoner in my sophomore year of high school up until halfway through my junior year, when i greened out and suffered from derealization symptoms for months afterward. i started smoking again in august 2019 and greened out a second time in october. i haven't smoked since. the only way i can describe how i felt when i got high was "stupid". i felt like i was slower than the world. everything was a lot funnier to me, too.

imho, smoking weed is highly overrated. it doesn't do much for me and most other people i know do it to numb their brains for a bit. it's nothing like how the media portrays it. you don't ponder cosmology or see colorful and crazy things that aren't actually there. you're just a half-step dumber for a few hours. also, don't smoke if you have anxiety. you'll derealize like i did. it makes you feel like nothing's real and your brain stays in a fog for months after it happens for the first time. it's literally the most unpleasant thing i've ever deal with. i had no si and almost ctb at so many points throughout my recovery.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall and mesohappy
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
It's been years since I have smoked weed. It made me paranoid, overly anxious, and as others have said "stuck" in my head even more than usual. While not everyone gets these types of reactions, I would end up curled in a ball sobbing and thinking even more about ctb. I would feel like my heart was going to burst through my chest. While it's not addictive, the act/habit of using it can become addictive, just like anything else. Others have very different reactions to it - they become mellow, relaxed, and feel nice.

If I'm reading your post correctly, if you already experiencing hallucinations and delusion l wouldn't recommend it. My father once told me he had the same awful experiences on it - including eating it (better known as edibles nowadays) and smoking it so it's entirely plausible there's something to do with genetics because most people I've known have pleasant effects from it. It's up to you if you decide to try it.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall and mesohappy
Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
I love weed!! Before it hits (and depending on how I use) I get all giggly, can't sit straight, everything's amusing lol
THEN it hits. I get super paranoid, my heart races, could care less for the munchies and all I want to do is sleep. I zone in and out of reality, I somewhat hear things, see things, etc. It's a toss between being calm, and then being quick in my actions. It's complicated.
I get so focused on my paranoia that it distacts me because I overthink (am I acting strange, are people catching on to me, etc). Why I care? I don't know because it's not a big deal. I make it one because I'm high

Rome Horseman

Rome Horseman

Feb 17, 2020
Try doing something you like while high if you decide to do it.. you might enjoy it more

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
there is a big debate on whether or not there is a correlation between use of cannabis and schizophrenia, some studies say that there might be, while some claim that there is absolute no risk. as usual, take those with a grain of salt, specially because this is a plant that has been demonized for decades and now it's treated like some universal cure for everything.

it works wonders for some people and some others can't have it without a panic attack. try it at your own risk but remember that it's just a drug like many others, this is not a miracle plant or a ticket to hell, just another compound that makes your brain experience things differently for a short time.

in my experience it's great for sleeping and for my chronic pain, i definitely got dependent on it, but this is in no way as damaging or addictive as other substances like benzodiazepines, alcohol or opioids. i actually used it to treat withdrawal symptoms from those.

just don't try eddibles if it's your first time, start slowly with some vape or plain smoke, and if you start to feel anxious (which is very common for first timers) just remember that it will pass and this is among the least damaging drugs, both short and long term so there is no risk in using it from time to time.

Reactions: NotMemorableEnough, mesohappy and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Wait... what were we talking about?
Tenor 19

• Love
Reactions: Lunaloveflood, Rome Horseman, Epsilon0 and 1 other person
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
there is a big debate on whether or not there is a correlation between use of cannabis and schizophrenia, some studies say that there might be, while some claim that there is absolute no risk. as usual, take those with a grain of salt, specially because this is a plant that has been demonized for decades and now it's treated like some universal cure for everything.

it works wonders for some people and some others can't have it without a panic attack. try it at your own risk but remember that it's just a drug like many others, this is not a miracle plant or a ticket to hell, just another compound that makes your brain experience things differently for a short time.

in my experience it's great for sleeping and for my chronic pain, i definitely got dependent on it, but this is in no way as damaging or addictive as other substances like benzodiazepines, alcohol or opioids. i actually used it to treat withdrawal symptoms from those.

just don't try eddibles if it's your first time, start slowly with some vape or plain smoke, and if you start to feel anxious (which is very common for first timers) just remember that it will pass and this is among the least damaging drugs, both short and long term so there is no risk in using it from time to time.
My doctor put me in it after fighting him. With my psych meds, it is the only thing that can stabilize me.

• Love
Reactions: Rome Horseman
Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
Someone I know has been using it for years and is completely head the ball now...............destroyed his brain and thinking............he's still functioning but only have to have conversation with him to know that he's been damaged by it. Its hard to describe, but wouldn't recommend it.

• Wow
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Someone I know has been using it for years and is completely head the ball now...............destroyed his brain and thinking............he's still functioning but only have to have conversation with him to know that he's been damaged by it. Its hard to describe, but wouldn't recommend it.
Was it medical marijuana? If not, it could have been laced with something. There are 0 cases of medical marijuana causing damage.

Reactions: Rome Horseman and Thereisnothing
Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
Was it medical marijuana? If not, it could have been laced with something. There are 0 cases of medical marijuana causing damage.
No he wasn't prescribed it, so it could be as you said not pure or something. I know very little about street drugs full stop, and never tried medical marijuana. He was telling me he has used LSD and all sorts, so probably a mixture of what he's used over time. Its a shame he uses so many mood altering drugs, surprises me too as he's very spiritual person so wouldn't think he'd need it to tune into the afterlife or get high as that's achievable bu your own mind and powers if able to do so. But he's definitely altered alot over the years.

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Rome Horseman and Jean4
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
No he wasn't prescribed it, so it could be as you said not pure or something. I know very little about street drugs full stop, and never tried medical marijuana. He was telling me he has used LSD and all sorts, so probably a mixture of what he's used over time. Its a shame he uses so many mood altering drugs, surprises me too as he's very spiritual person so wouldn't think he'd need it to tune into the afterlife or get high as that's achievable bu your own mind and powers if able to do so. But he's definitely altered alot over the years.
I am on medical marijuana as prescribed and forced by my doctor to take and he is very involved with my doses and what not. It can be a life saver if used probably.
I am sorry about your friend. What he is going through seems absolutely horrible and I hope he heals... but the LSD did this. Not marijuana itself. Like I said. If used properly, marijuana can be a life saver.

• Love
Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
I am on medical marijuana as prescribed and forced by my doctor to take and he is very involved with my doses and what not. It can be a life saver if used probably.
I am sorry about your friend. What he is going through seems absolutely horrible and I hope he heals... but the LSD did this. Not marijuana itself. Like I said. If used properly, marijuana can be a life saver.
I dont think he will heal, as he seems to think all these drugs are the bees knees and once taken them so long, its become part of his life, very sad as he's such a lovely and also intelligent person. Pleased it helps you, what you get prescribed. As with most things what suits one, might not suit the next person. Pain is horrid as I know too well with my body.

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
I dont think he will heal, as he seems to think all these drugs are the bees knees and once taken them so long, its become part of his life, very sad as he's such a lovely and also intelligent person. Pleased it helps you, what you get prescribed. As with most things what suits one, might not suit the next person. Pain is horrid as I know too well with my body.
I am so sorry. If he chooses, it is still a possibility to get clean and heal. Unfortunately, it's an awful lot of difficult work and most don't want to do it. Hopefully, if he's ready, he will get help. I have faith. :)

• Love
  • Hugs
methylene blue

methylene blue

Sep 17, 2019
Bad idea. Today's mainstream promotes it like crazy, with their flashy yummy looking CBD products, hemp products, and carefree attitude about cannabis and its legalization etc., so I get why it's tempting. It's BULLOCKS. Fuck the stoner fags and their "herbal remedies". Eat well, exercise, take mood stabilizing supplements if need be. Take vitamins. Get sunshine and fresh air. Drink strong coffee if you're a slug. Weed is POISON. So is alcohol and all other intoxicating substances. Don't buy into the mainstream.

Last edited:
NotMemorableEnough

NotMemorableEnough

Feb 25, 2019
Made me feel happy/motivated for the first time after 5+ years and for now keeps me from committing.

nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
If you get paranoid, you should try cannabis with benzos (valium, klonopin, xanax). It's the most amazing thing ever. Also you get munchies LIKE NOTHING ELSE.lol

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I love smoking. It helps me with ctb thoughts temporarily and makes me happy

Zilch

Zilch

Apr 30, 2020
Weed
As an alternative to drinking alcohol, or doing other drugs?

I know very little about weed, but would it not calm you down instead of alcohol which just makes me impulsive?

Would it worsen hallucinations or delusions? In my psychology class they say it can lead to schizophrenia if you are genetically vulnerable and I believe I probably am. So a bad idea or..?

Idk, just need opinions
Weed seems to work really well to suppress all of ur negative emotions in a way and gives u a feeling of numbness but not to the level u can't do anything .It may cause paranoia for some people as far as my experience goes it doesn't cause any dellusions or hallucinations
For me it helps keep my thoughts at bay and gets me through the day