ShareX_7DfpMWuZLX.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Aww..
Reactions: TimetoGo!
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
personally, i wouldn't jump from that. looks to be only abt 6 stories. while ppl have died from heights as low as that, i've even seen a vid from 5, i myself wouldn't be confident enough in the fatality.

ideal height is 100-150 ft, which puts you at a 10 story minimum. i'm 5'5 100lbs w a brittle bone disease on top, & i'm still making sure i fall from a substantial height.

Last edited:
Reactions: bridgegirl and johann_liebert
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I think you need 150ft to be 99% certain.

There is a megathread on jumping I think

• Love
Reactions: breezeboy, bridgegirl and johann_liebert
johann_liebert

johann_liebert

Im freien Fall nach oben
Nov 11, 2023
personally, i wouldn't jump from that. looks to be only abt 6 stories. while ppl have died from heights as low as that, i've even seen a vid from 5, i myself wouldn't be confident enough in the fatality.

ideal height is 100-150 ft, which puts you at a 10 story minimum. i'm 5'5 100lbs w a brittle bone disease on top, & i'm still making sure i fall from a substantial height.
It felt so high when I stood there 😭😭
I think you need 150ft to be 99% certain.

There is a megathread on jumping I think
I know the megathread and it's especially embarrassing knowing I live in the only city in Europe with skyscrapers in 😭😭

Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

A handshake of carbon monoxide
Jul 24, 2023
I've personally witnessed a suicide from a 6th floor rooftop several years ago, so similar height to this. The person was severely intoxicated and instead of "jumping", he technically slipped and fell. When everyone rushed to the scene, it was an awful sight. It wasn't an instant death, and his family with the help of others carried his mangled body to the hospital. I later found out from our neighbors that he had died from internal injuries in the hospital after several hours of being in that state.

A friend of my sister jumped from a 5th-story building and survived. She's now fully paralyzed from the waist down.

Of course, these are just anecdotal instances I personally know about, and you'll likely find cases where people died from much smaller falls. But I would personally reconsider jumping from heights such as this. Jumping headfirst and maintaining that posture is hard enough as it is unless you're an experienced diver; doing so under the influence of alcohol and the fear of SI kicking in at the last second will be even harder.

It's your right to choose whichever method you want, but make sure you fully realize the potential consequences associated with it. Regardless of what the stats might tell you [In this case, the stats don't even apply to a fall from this height], every method comes with some level of unreliability and that's just something you're going to have to come to terms with. Please, don't decide out of desperation.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: goblin99, Defenestration, johann_liebert and 1 other person
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Depends on how you fall, if SI kick in , you can try and land feet first and survive. Its a 50/50 chance there so i would go through with that if you can find higher building.

Reactions: johann_liebert
breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023

be careful zombie. 100ft is not high enough. 150ft is the minimum
I can't stand this anymore
Failed jumping once (too cowardly)
Failed SN (too cowardly)
I will try again with alcohol, hopefully tomorrow
If this doesnt't help idk

johann_liebert

johann_liebert

Im freien Fall nach oben
Nov 11, 2023
I've personally witnessed a suicide from a 6th floor rooftop several years ago, so similar height to this. The person was severely intoxicated and instead of "jumping", he technically slipped and fell. When everyone rushed to the scene, it was an awful sight. It wasn't an instant death, and his family with the help of others carried his mangled body to the hospital. I later found out from our neighbors that he had died from internal injuries in the hospital after several hours of being in that state.

A friend of my sister jumped from a 5th-story building and survived. She's now fully paralyzed from the waist down.

Of course, these are just anecdotal instances I personally know about, and you'll likely find cases where people died from much smaller falls. But I would personally reconsider jumping from heights such as this. Jumping headfirst and maintaining that posture is hard enough as it is unless you're an experienced diver; doing so under the influence of alcohol and the fear of SI kicking in at the last second will be even harder.

It's your right to choose whichever method you want, but make sure you fully realize the potential consequences associated with it. Regardless of what the stats might tell you [In this case, the stats don't even apply to a fall from this height], every method comes with some level of unreliability and that's just something you're going to have to come to terms with. Please, don't decide out of desperation.
Hey, sorry for the late reply. My SAD makes it really difficult for me to engage in conversations. I really appreciate your long reply. I don't think I even deserve it. And I'm sorry for what you witnessed. What happened to your sister's friend is my biggest fear. All my life I have been mentally on the ground and then ending up physically disabled too. I don't want to know what's going on in her mind. What is she doing like now? I'm not going to jump from there, and try to find a higher place. Part of because of what you said. Thank you!

R

random_user

Human existence is a scam.
Jun 17, 2022
Hey there, just found this thread. I understand it's not your first concern at this point but I highly recommend not choosing a public place like this. There was a case in 2022 in another German city where somebody jumped very publicly which traumatised a lot of people. So personally I'd try to find another location that's less public and probably also higher. Not too hard to find in Europe as long as you are mobile by car.

Reactions: johann_liebert and LifeIsCrazyNemb
Defenestration

Defenestration

I want to have the courage to defenestrate myself
Oct 25, 2020
Not enought high...
It felt so high when I stood there 😭😭

I know the megathread and it's especially embarrassing knowing I live in the only city in Europe with skyscrapers in 😭😭
Where IS the megathread?

Reactions: johann_liebert and LifeIsCrazyNemb
L

LifeIsCrazyNemb

Arcanist
Jan 21, 2024
Hey
Its not high enough and this is next to a very known market (audi) with many people around. Please dont CTB in a open public place, this will surely traumatize "innocent" people around.

In pretty sure you can find higher places with no people around in Europe.
Good luck!

Reactions: johann_liebert, random_user and Defenestration
johann_liebert

johann_liebert

Im freien Fall nach oben
Nov 11, 2023
Hey there, just found this thread. I understand it's not your first concern at this point but I highly recommend not choosing a public place like this. There was a case in 2022 in another German city where somebody jumped very publicly which traumatised a lot of people. So personally I'd try to find another location that's less public and probably also higher. Not too hard to find in Europe as long as you are mobile by car.
Hey
Its not high enough and this is next to a very known market (audi) with many people around. Please dont CTB in a open public place, this will surely traumatize "innocent" people around.

In pretty sure you can find higher places with no people around in Europe.
Good luck!
I don't want to unnecessarily traumatize anybody, but in all honesty, I hate this city and everyone in it so much. They are the reason that got me to this point anyway. They deserve to be traumatized. And if my government isn't providing a more peaceful exit for such autistic outcasts like me, then they leave no choice anyway as to traumatize some "innocent" people in the bus.

There's no megathread. People just link the lostallhope page that's linked above.
Really? I remember reading some sort of megathread on jumping, but can't find it anymore. Must be some glitch in the matrix.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I don't want to unnecessarily traumatize anybody, but in all honesty, I hate this city and everyone in it so much. They are the reason that got me to this point anyway. They deserve to be traumatized. And if my government isn't providing a more peaceful exit for such autistic outcasts like me, then they leave no choice anyway as to traumatize some "innocent" people in the bus.
I understand your way of thinking but it's more of a question how much you want to suffer when it's not an instant death after jumping. This is probably even more agonizing. I'm sorry u have to go through this.

• Love
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Really? I remember reading some sort of megathread on jumping, but can't find it anymore. Must be some glitch in the matrix.
Looks like I was wrong. It's not listed in the Suicide Resource Compilation page, but there is a megathread.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and johann_liebert
johann_liebert

johann_liebert

Im freien Fall nach oben
Nov 11, 2023
I understand your way of thinking but it's more of a question how much you want to suffer when it's not an instant death after jumping. This is probably even more agonizing. I'm sorry u have to go through this.
Thank you for the empathy. I reconsidered this spot and tomorrow will drive around town looking for something higher. I have a few apartments in mind, but I'm worried that even with alcohol I wouldn't jump instantly and someone might catch me and ask me what I'm doing there. The last thing I need is some discussion when I was about to kill myself. That's why I prefer open, public places. They give me more time to think and reconsider.

Looks like I was wrong. It's not listed in the Suicide Resource Compilation page, but there is a megathread.
Yeah, that's exactly the one I have read.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tears in Rain and Praestat_Mori
R

random_user

Human existence is a scam.
Jun 17, 2022
I can fully understand this, especially the part about our government. I recommend you do some research beforehand. Especially in your city there should be plenty more suitable places. I wish you nothing but the best.

• Love
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024

This is why I don't like jumping.