• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

synthcadia

synthcadia

dissociated angel.
Jul 8, 2023
what do you guys think?

for me, i think this was a mistake because people of color (excluding asians in this case) are less likely to get the same education as their white peers. (i'm outside, i'll add more later.)

Reactions: Homo erectus
Namensjemand

Namensjemand

Cursed
Jul 16, 2023
You can't fix racism... with more racism.

Reactions: iwanttoleave2000 and Homo erectus
J

James34

Jun 3, 2023
You can't fix racism... with more racism.
Mate, you do understand why affirmative action was created in the first place right?
These creatures (they aren't people and I never will refer to them as people for the rest of my brief life) think that they can change things forever just because they have a title like that makes them gods. Well, they are just as weak as all of us and they think that we won't snap or do everything in our power to reverse it for the better. They are not good creatures and I am glad that they made the supreme court seem like a farce of an institution.
These creatures (they aren't people and I never will refer to them as people for the rest of my brief life) think that they can change things forever just because they have a title like that makes them gods. Well, they are just as weak as all of us and they think that we won't snap or do everything in our power to reverse it for the better. They are not good creatures and I am glad that they made the supreme court seem like a farce of an institution.

Reactions: synthcadia
Erebus

Erebus

Jun 4, 2023
It's a great thing. I never understood how people found a way to justify institutional racism. Most normal people know it's morally wrong to pull people forward based on their race alone. The fact this is even a debate shows how radicalized some people are.

I voted left in every election i participated in btw.

Reactions: iwanttoleave2000 and Yavannah
O

obligatoryshackles

I don't want to get used to it.
Aug 11, 2023
While it's actual efficacy is debatable, affirmative action was never supposed to "pull people forward" in any way. It wasn't meant to give anyone an advantage, but to offset the internal negative biases of decision makers who must abide by it.

There are many studies, for example, that show decision makers rating women or marginalized POC lower despite having the exact same qualifications as white men. Affirmative action was meant to equalize those ratings on the backend. Whether the arbitrary values used for this offset are accurate and whether the offset is still necessary today are debatable, but the point is that it wasn't meant to grant any real advantage but to offset an unfair disadvantage.

I would only say it's a good thing if there was a better system to replace it immediately. The fact of the matter is, marginalized groups are still disadvantaged in qualifying for things because of the internal biases of decision makers (whether or not they're even consciously doing it!) even though discrimination by law is forbidden. It's not their fault for doing that either - when you live in a bigoted society (notably, the entire world right now), it is more or less impossible not to have unconscious biases even if you're a good person.