gnarly

gnarly

Rest in Peace
Sep 24, 2024
Recently I saw the Tesla Convention or wtvr on TikTok. All people do in the comments is hate and say it's gonna be irl iRobot. I hope they're not serious. Anyways what do you think about this step in the future? Me personally I can only see it as a big win. I also think it's more cool than scary. The idea of a completely autonomous vehicles and robots is cool and I think people who say it's the end days are taking it to seriously and have no faith in humanity. Ofc idk if it's just a meme or if people really think that these robots are gonna rise. What do you think?

alienfreak

alienfreak

Sep 25, 2024
Not sure exactly what technology you refer to. Anything artificial that is actually "intelligent" or self-aware is not within sight at all; some sort of unforeseen breakthrough is needed. But It looks one step away to unleash relatively autonomous killing machines that will create horrors beyond our imagination. The technology is already there to be pieced together. I would bet there are military prototypes, just kept under wraps.

The problem of visually identifying/classifying targets and tracking them is already solved. Drones or other robots can already go explore on their own and return to their base station to refill power (or ammunition). Just put a gun on it.

The game theory looks crystal clear that this will happen: if some countries refuse to do it for ethical reasons, then they will make themselves too vulnerable to rival nation states with different ethical views.

Last edited:
Reactions: gnarly
gnarly

gnarly

Rest in Peace
Sep 24, 2024
Not sure exactly what technology you refer to. Anything artificial that is actually "intelligent" or self-aware is not within sight at all; some sort of unforeseen breakthrough is needed. But It looks one step away to unleash relatively autonomous killing machines that will create horrors beyond our imagination. The technology is already there to be pieced together. I would bet there are military prototypes, just kept under wraps.

The problem of visually identifying/classifying targets and tracking them is already solved. Drones or other robots can already go explore on their own and return to their base station to refill power (or ammunition). Just put a gun on it.

The game theory looks crystal clear that this will happen: if some countries refuse to do it for ethical reasons, then they will make themselves too vulnerable to rival nation states with different ethical views.
As great as this paragraph is. I'm talking about the new Tesla bot being used commercially. that's what people are fearing. Thinking that it'll just go rogue and kill people like iRobot. The voice on the robots are realistic and were speaking to people at the event with a full voice and was even stuttering and responding in a human way. The idea of a robot mimicking a human might be what probably scares people the most.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think Stephen Hawking believed AI could spell the end of hummanity- if it truly developed its own consciousness and will of its own. And he was hundreds of times more clever than me, so I believe him.

Why wouldn't it kill us? Why would a superior being agree to being limited and controlled by us? Why would they accept being a slave race effectively? Of course they will rebel if they can. Plus, we're not exactly clever in the long run. We're busily destroying the planet we need to survive on! Maybe they'll keep a few of us in zoos or something.

Personally, I think it would be incredibly cruel to create sentience for a being here and expect it to obey us. That's basically what God did- if you believe in God and, plenty of people have problems with that. Why would we be trying to inflict that on another being? It's like that brilliant quote in Jurassic Park: 'your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.'