snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
My current plan is to go deep into the wilderness in the middle of winter when it's 0 degrees or lower (I live in BC Canada), then soak my clothes in water either by jumping into a lake/river then climbing back out, or pouring bottled water over my clothes.

As my body will be in constant contact with wet clothes which will draw heat faster out of my body.

I know I can go unconscious faster if I just submerge my body in water the whole time floating around in the lake, but it'll be too painful. If I simply wet my clothes and just find a place to curl up in a ball or lay down on my back, I think I can handle that.

Frost bite wouldn't be an issue because it only hurts upon defrosting and since I'm in the middle of nowhere I wouldn't be found ever, so there's no defrosting.

Animals could be a concern, I don't want to be eaten alive by wolves or cougars while in a vulnerable state. So I would find a spot where animals wouldn't be able to get to me. For example finding an elevated space somewhere, a ledge with a small cave maybe.

Ideally I would like to die in the day time so it's not so scary, I think being in total darkness will really put me in a bad state of mind. I would love to just drift into unconsciousness while looking up at the bright blue sky and the surrounding nature.

So I would carry this out early in the morning, assuming this will put me unconscious within about 3-6 hours max then I'm good to go.

I don't plan on killing myself right now, but I don't plan on dying naturally either. To prepare for all this I would scout out an ideal area to do this at in the years before I actually carry it out. Think of it as a camping trip. I'll find the ledge/cave, find the spot, and map out exactly where to go so I'll know exactly where my final resting place will be.

Then when it's time to go I'll know exactly where to go and how to get there.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Salvacion
Memento Mori

Memento Mori

shambling garbage
Jan 24, 2019
As far as I've read here, it has to be a VERY low temperature to make that work and u have to be really drunk. Here in Germany u rarely really reach something deep like -25°C, more like -10/15°C, but people around here also died from falling asleep very drunk. So I don't know if it'll work your way or if you just move into hibernation xD depends on your body I think. U can add some opiates/benzos for the pain issue and for some anxiolytic effects.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Redt2go
snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
As far as I've read here, it has to be a VERY low temperature to make that work and u have to be really drunk. Here in Germany u rarely really reach something deep like -25°C, more like -10/15°C, but people around here also died from falling asleep very drunk. So I don't know if it'll work your way or if you just move into hibernation xD depends on your body I think. U can add some opiates/benzos for the pain issue and for some anxiolytic effects.

I've read that if you submerge your body in even 10°C water you can die in about 3 hours. Not sure about soaked clothes out of water in 0°C weather though, but I think it'll be cold enough to go in about 3-6 hours. The getting drunk part is a good idea, I'll definitely be bringing some bottles with me.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals