bedhead_baby

bedhead_baby

stupid selfish baby
Jul 16, 2023
I realize most of my replies and posts are 2 to 500 or more words. Does my habit of essay-length posts bother people?

I have a fear of becoming a face no one wants to see, and I've left every forum I've joined and opted just to lurk to avoid conflict.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV), CTB Dream, EternalšŸŒˆRainbow and 3 others
figure8

figure8

The sun goes down
Jul 17, 2023
I seem to do the same thing. Even the text in my application form was over 500 words. Personally, I don't find it bothersome when other people do this, but I don't know if I'm the right person to tell you that, since we share the habit. Nonetheless, I hope it makes you feel better that you're not the only one.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV), CTB Dream and bedhead_baby
C

Crono

-
Jun 1, 2023
I personally like to read long texts full of details, but only if the subject is interesting to me, if it's not a very interesting subject I prefer a short text. I personally like your posts because you use a different color text as opposed to the generic color others use.

• Hugs
Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV), CTB Dream, psp3000 and 1 other person
bedhead_baby

bedhead_baby

stupid selfish baby
Jul 16, 2023
I personally like to read long texts full of details, but only if the subject is interesting to me, if it's not a very interesting subject I prefer a short text. I personally like your posts because you use a different color text as opposed to the generic color others use.
Hehe, yes. As soon as I saw the option, I chose the closest thing to pink. Peach will have to do

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream, EternalšŸŒˆRainbow and Crono
alonely

alonely

exists by being merely labeled
Jul 1, 2023
i've enjoyed your posts. you write well and i can relate to many things you say. not everyone will read long posts, and to each their own. i dont read every long post from every person or on every topic, some interest me, others dont. i would say dont be afraid to post what you would like to, you dont need to hold back based on what you perceive that others want to see.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV), CTB Dream, EternalšŸŒˆRainbow and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think that people should be able to write longer posts if they wish to regardless of what other people think. There is nothing wrong with writing longer posts.

• Hugs
Reactions: Grav, CTB Dream, EternalšŸŒˆRainbow and 1 other person
bloodblacknothing

bloodblacknothing

from stardust, to stardust
Jul 16, 2023
i kinda have a bad habit of writing way too much than i probably need to, but i do think longer-form posts are always nice - this is a place of reflection and understanding, after all, so i don't see a need for anyone to hold back on what they've gotta say.

do what you've gotta do, say what you gotta say, it's all cool with me. :>

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV), CTB Dream, EternalšŸŒˆRainbow and 2 others
vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
I wouldn't worry about it. If anyone doesn't feel up to reading long posts they just have to keep scrolling.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, CTB Dream, alonely and 1 other person
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
i have adhd so a lot of times its hard for me to focus on a long post or i just dont have the mental energy to read them but i sometimes can read long posts. it doesnt bother me at all, if anything im bothered about my lack of ability to focus lol. theres no character limit so u can write as much as u feel u need to, i doubt anyone minds, and if they do they can just not read it yano?
i also have a habit of writing way more than is probably necessary which i worry annoys others lol

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV), CTB Dream, alonely and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
My posts are WAY too long. I tend to waffle a lot. Still- I think people can just skim read or skip- if it annoys them. No one's forcing anyone to read it. I'd say- you do you. Don't feel like you need to change yourself to 'fit in'. I think the majority of people here are very accomodating anyway.

Weirdly, it's sometimes the short reply posts that sometimes make me wish there was more there! Not in an aggressive way. Just in an inquisitive way really. Like- if the OP posts a question but doesn't answer it themselves. Or- they happen to disagree with someone but just respond with one word like- 'No'. Then, I tend to be like- I wonder what they don't like about it. Still- again- we all have to respect one another. They shouldn't need to feel forced to explain themselves anymore than we should feel forced to change how we express ourselves.

• Hugs
Reactions: cgrtt.brns, FormerlyFe(IV) and CTB Dream
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Can wrt any no worry

• Hugs
Reactions: Crono and FormerlyFe(IV)
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
Longer posts are cool, especially with proper division into paragraphs/formatting. Walls of test can be excessive and then I only read those if I'm more interested. It's kinda like a quid pro quo about effort? Idk. Hope I'm not coming off like a dick.

Reactions: alonely and bedhead_baby