toseeyousmile

toseeyousmile

Nov 23, 2020
The thought of killing my mom came into my mind. Ever since she got her stroke it's more clear than ever that our mother and son bond is irreplaceable, once I live nobody can take or come anywhere close to replacing my place. We really do care about each other, which is why once I ctb, idk if it's possible for her to recover, so maybe taking her with me is the most merciful thing since idk if she can go on and if she can, if the anguish I'll be leaving her with is bearable. Both sides of the argument in my head here are fucked, I'm so far gone idk what to do, I don't think there's really any practical solution anybody can offer unless it's for me to live so asking for advice in this matter isn't really a worthwhile idea, unlucky. The saving grace is maybe my sister or maybe some others can help her get through it but I'm really doubtful her mental would recover from me ctbing.

Living with her now, if she truly knew how I thought, like about life and stuff, about having no real ideals for the future and just doomer values on everything in general, she'd be pretty stressed thinking and worrying about me and if I would already feel guilty if she knew about things when I was alive, her mental would definitely break if she knew how I thought once I ctb, there's no solving this problem unless I adjust and become like, and actual decent person but yeah no not happening.

• Hugs
Reactions: PlushieLover and UnravelingWinter
UnravelingWinter

UnravelingWinter

I wish I was a sunflower
Mar 19, 2022
I'd never kill anyone other than myself. I don't want to hurt anyone in my life, but there's nothing else I can do.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees, DontplayGod, Angi and 1 other person
greencondo

greencondo

Sep 25, 2019
You are talking about murder. Do not murder your mother.

Last edited:
Reactions: archipelago, ColorlessTrees, DontplayGod and 3 others
Kurinoy

Kurinoy

I'm the rain. I'm the moonlight.
Apr 5, 2022
You can choose what to do with your own life but don't you dare to harm others.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees, Al_stargate, DynamicDepression and 2 others
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I don't judge you for these thoughts but leave them behind. Our heads can get dark and desperate under the worst conditions. Your mom has her right to do what she chooses with her situation. Leave her alone and drop the notion of making any decisions for her.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees, DontplayGod, greencondo and 4 others
PlushieLover

PlushieLover

XII - THE HANGED MAN
Mar 24, 2021
You shouldn't decide the fate of a life that is not yours. I kind of understand your idea, you want to avoid causing suffering, but I think that is not your decision to judge who lives or not.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees, DontplayGod and Kurinoy
U

unimaginativelamp

Apr 9, 2022
It's clear that you care deeply about your mother, and I don't judge you for these thoughts--but you shouldn't end your mother's life. She has the right to live, and we do not have the right to cause physical harm to another person, no matter our logic or justification.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees and Foresight
toseeyousmile

toseeyousmile

Nov 23, 2020
yeah you guys are right, I thought about it anyways and yeah I just dont have the heart to do that, but I also don't have the heart to just leaver her alone knowing what it will do to her. These thoughts were really just out of desperation.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@toseeyousmile I would suggest you ask to have this who thread deleted. This is exactly what ft26, nyt, prolifers, and pbs are looking for to demonize ss.

Not saying I disagree with you. If I had a stroke and couldn't kill myself, I wish someone would care enough to end me.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
@toseeyousmile I would suggest you ask to have this who thread deleted. This is exactly what ft26, nyt, prolifers, and pbs are looking for to demonize ss.

Not saying I disagree with you. If I had a stroke and couldn't kill myself, I wish someone would care enough to end me.
If things should be deleted on this basis then there are worse things on here than this thread imo and it's not good to be seeking to silence serious around discussion and it's impact/implications for these reasons when so much potentially harmful, non-suicide related bullshit content exists on this site.

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees and DontplayGod
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
Why would u murder ur mom tho
Tbf l think the advancement of any argument for suicide/euthanasia will be from those who have seen relatives suffering and thought about intervening, it's not an unserious subject imo. I've seen someone recently, albeit from a distance, become a total vegetable from MND and his devoted wife who was herself ailing was feeling similarly inclined. I wouldn't necessarily put the argument the way the op has ("if l ctb nobody will take care of them" etc) but l don't think it's as weird as some other stuff on here, l think many suicidal people have delayed their own ctb because of a responsibility to an elderly or infirm loved one who we need to see die first.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Istanbulite