colorlesshue

colorlesshue

IF GOD EXISTS I DEMAND HIS FORGIVENESS
Jun 28, 2023
just a general question i guess, i sometimes feel like i want to be a parent but im also a AFAB lesbian dating a AFAB lesbian so the process behind that would be tricky. especially since i'd perfer to be pregnant due to personal reasons so i was wondering what others thoughts were on reproducing/having biological children?

Reactions: ClaudeCTTE
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
unless you can provide for your child for the rest of its life don't have any nobody wants to be burdened with having to work minimum wage just to survive for the rest of their lifetime

Reactions: stormynight, Praestat_Mori, Skathon and 1 other person
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
War, global warming, inflation, rise of nationalism, collapse of education system, broken healthcare system, wage slavery, etc etc.

Do you think it fair to bring anyone into this world?

Reactions: stormynight, redeyepiranha, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
colorlesshue

colorlesshue

IF GOD EXISTS I DEMAND HIS FORGIVENESS
Jun 28, 2023
War, global warming, inflation, rise of nationalism, collapse of education system, broken healthcare system, wage slavery, etc etc.

Do you think it fair to bring anyone into this world?
thats really true it's a completely selfish desire/wish </3

WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Not having children is one of the best decisions I have ever made.
Why bring more suffering into a broken world ?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
K

KiraX

Oct 20, 2023
I don't want children tbh
But I do have a strong maternal instict so I do have this yearning to take care of something and nurture it.

So I just own a lot of pets usually lol...

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and Praestat_Mori
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I see procreation as such a terrible, harmful crime. The compassionate and only rational thing is to leave the non-existent alone in peace so that they can never suffer in this hellish existence. It's tragic how this species hasn't gone voluntarily extinct yet, I don't get how anyone could ever see it as fair burdening one with the ability to suffer endlessly when previously they were completely unaware. Only nothingness is perfection, existence is just a horrific, unnecessary mistake.

Reactions: stormynight, WAITING TO DIE and Praestat_Mori
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I am an antinatalist, meaning, I don't support the act of bringing people into this world because as we all know there is unlimited potentail to suffer endlessly, bringing someone into this world would be forcing such a huge responsibility on them to care for themselves while living in this messed up society. I won't have children.

As for having a family, I don't think i'll do that either because I'm not a person that people generally tend to like, and I personally don't find my personality very likable either due to the fact that I am quite withdrawn. I might just have a cat or something, if I ever consider giving life a chance. A russian blue cat.

Reactions: ClaudeCTTE, stormynight, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
real human being

real human being

full of broken thoughts
Jan 28, 2022
Human life holds the potential for great sufferings of many kinds, but it also holds the potential for meaning and joy. A lot of people on here are antinatalists, which is understandable considering most of us here have known more suffering than joy, I certainly have. As for my personal opinion, I think that if you decide to bring a child into this world you need to approach that decision with extreme seriousness, because the next two decades of your life at the very least you will be responsible for caring for that child, and that doesn't just mean providing for the child's material needs, it also means raising them, giving a part of your soul to them, helping them navigate this world, because navigating this world without help is not easy. I think that a lot of people make the decision to become parents without thinking it through. My parents were unstable and incapable of raising another human being properly, that's for sure.

Reactions: ClaudeCTTE, parader, stormynight and 3 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I never intended to have children / to reproduce and this was one of my best decisions in my life.

Altalune

Altalune

alea iacta est
Oct 21, 2023
I was never an antinatalist, hell, one of my greatest dreams was to have a loving husband and a big family. I wanted so much to be loved and cherished but as life goes on it just seems more and more impossible. I love children so much that my chosen career path was that of a pediatrician, but with all the trouble I'm having at med school, I've given up on that dream. Having a family and children are also things I have given up on, as I am too unstable to form lasting romantic relationships.

Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
Considering that there are less and less people around me (I guess that in a few years my mother will die and only my sister and her son will be left) if I think it would have been good to have a family fabric created around me.

Life is very thoughtful without a social fabric around you to help you move forward. It was fortunate that pensions were invented at the beginning of the 20th century, because those who did not have a social fabric ended up dying of hunger and cold in the street due to not being able to fend for themselves due to old age or simply because 'being impossibilities.

Family or friendships will always be the most important guarantor of a decent quality of life, as long as your family or friends are the right people (if not, they will be your worst nightmare).

//

Tenint en compte que cada cop hi ha menys gent al meu voltant (suposo que en pocs anys morirà la meva mare i només quedarà la meva germana i son fill) si que penso que hagués estat bé tenir un teixit familiar creat al meu voltant.

La vida és molt pensosa sense un teixit social al teu voltant que t'ajudi a seguir endavant. Enacara sort que a principis del S.XX es van inventar les pensions, perquè aquells que no tenien teixit social s'acabaven morint de fam i fred al carrer pel fet de no poder valdre's per si mateixos degut a la vellesa o simplement pel fet d'estar impossiblitats.

La família o les amistats sempre seràn el garant més important d'una qualitat de vida digne, sempre i quant la teva família o amics siguin persones como cal (si no, seràn el teu pitjor malson).

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I don't plan on ever starting a family. It just does not appeal to me and the idea of being pregnant is an added horror for me.

ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
No, thanks.
I have so many problems in my head to be taking care of children.

I don't understand why my father wants grandchildren. He doesn't know that we live in the third world, where everything is messed up, and it's difficult to have a stable life.
Furthermore, who would think of having children when you have mental disorders?

On the other hand, I hate people who want to have children despite living in poverty.
Why do they want to make children suffer?
Why do they let themselves be driven by that impulse to have children if, in the end, they will mistreat them and throw them out on the street?

Last edited: