MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
Are there any furries here?

Ok I won't lie...I do not judge anyone I really don't but there are some things I just can't understand. I keep getting furry tiktoks so I'm just curious if there are any furries here and peoples thoughts on furries.

For me they aren't really harming anyone they are just a bit weird...I'm not really sure what exactly furries do...though I do find it a little wierd. But I wouldn't hate someone or attack them for being a furry

Last edited:
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
when i think of furries i don't feel anything. so ig i have no thoughts on them. it's v difficult for me to care abt things, even rlly important stuff i need to care abt, so it's v hard for me to find the energy to care abt ppl like that who aren't hateful or harmful.

• Love
Reactions: cgrtt.brns and MiMif
MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
when i think of furries i don't feel anything. so ig i have no thoughts on them. it's v difficult for me to care abt things, even rlly important stuff i need to care abt, so it's v hard for me to find the energy to care abt ppl like that who aren't hateful or harmful.
I'm just honestly curious about how they think tbh...is it like wanting to be an animal?? Some of them like being called it...

I used to have similar feelings towards trans people in the sense of probably never being able to understand them but after going through something's with my sexual identity I understand it a bit more. I just don't quite get furries...

It's not something that bothers me it's just something I ponder about when I stumble across it on social media

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
hey guys, did you know…

• Yay!
Reactions: hikikomorizombie
HemlockWizard

HemlockWizard

Ethereal herb waiting to wilt
Jan 20, 2024
I'm a furry or was one. Depends on your perspective really. I got into the fandom because I'm trans and when I first came out I didn't get the support I had thought I'd get in my social life. I was searching for a way to express my gender identity without having to label myself as trans or anything. I'm also socially awkward, so being able to carefully craft an ideal identity to be online was helpful in gaining confidence in late high school. The fandom enabled me to simply make friends when that had been impossible in my real life. I never had a fursuit or any skills to share in the fandom, so I fell out of the social media sites. Conventions are expensive, too. I still find freedom in conversing with furries. There's comfort in being part of a group of outcasts. By and large the furry fandom is harmless. There's some weird content out there, but it's the minority of the community that goes off the deep end.

Reactions: MiMif
MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
I'm a furry or was one. Depends on your perspective really. I got into the fandom because I'm trans and when I first came out I didn't get the support I had thought I'd get in my social life. I was searching for a way to express my gender identity without having to label myself as trans or anything. I'm also socially awkward, so being able to carefully craft an ideal identity to be online was helpful in gaining confidence in late high school. The fandom enabled me to simply make friends when that had been impossible in my real life. I never had a fursuit or any skills to share in the fandom, so I fell out of the social media sites. Conventions are expensive, too. I still find freedom in conversing with furries. There's comfort in being part of a group of outcasts. By and large the furry fandom is harmless. There's some weird content out there, but it's the minority of the community that goes off the deep end.
Thats interesting thanks for sharing...so are furries like a whole seperate gender. Or are they actually a whole different identity?

HemlockWizard

HemlockWizard

Ethereal herb waiting to wilt
Jan 20, 2024
Thats interesting thanks for sharing...so are furries like a whole seperate gender. Or are they actually a whole different identity?
I'd say neither. Furries are a fandom. A group of people who all have a interest/passion for animals. Not all furries have fursonas (animal persona/OC), not all roleplay or draw, and not all are LGBTQ+. Calling oneself a furry is no different than proclaiming to be a weeb or a goth/punk. It's just a broader topic to bring a group together, which is where the diversity comes from. It's basically animal based cosplay. Most furries create the animal(s) they choose to represnt themselves with.

I will admit there are people who believe they are their fursona or identity as animals. These groups may be in the furry fandom, but that is different. Labels like otherkin get used for those groups.

• Informative
Reactions: Dliena, cgrtt.brns and MiMif
MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
I'd say neither. Furries are a fandom. A group of people who all have a interest/passion for animals. Not all furries have fursonas (animal persona/OC), not all roleplay or draw, and not all are LGBTQ+. Calling oneself a furry is no different than proclaiming to be a weeb or a goth/punk. It's just a broader topic to bring a group together, which is where the diversity comes from. It's basically animal based cosplay. Most furries create the animal(s) they choose to represnt themselves with.

I will admit there are people who believe they are their fursona or identity as animals. These groups may be in the furry fandom, but that is different. Labels like otherkin get used for those groups.
I think I get it a bit better. Thanks