Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
So, I've got my CtB plan mostly finalized, but I'm having trouble deciding on a location. I'm looking for thoughts and advice/information on choosing a location.

I've got an inert gas asphyxiation kit ("exit bag"), carotid compression kit ("night-night") and a "kit" for carotid transection (throat cut)... which is really just injectable lidocaine I mixed together from lidocaine powder and saline, plus a large ceramic knife. I'm planning on using the night-night method, but am having issues reliably finding my sweet spot (got time to practice yet), so the exit bag is a backup option, and of course, the knife is my emergency backup. (I lack access to a high caliber firearm, sadly.) I'll need half an hour's worth of privacy to succeed, an hour to be safe.

I need my body to be found so that my survivors can get a death certificate and execute my will expediently, which rules out my preferred remote wilderness location, and for obvious reasons, I won't die at home where my loved ones would find me, so I think I've narrowed it down to two (although I'm open to other suggestions people may have).

Location 1: A large, nearby "park"/"wildlife preserve". There are a few suitable ones nearby that offer a good view at the end, sufficient seclusion to CtB and shield any randoms from getting an up close view of a corpse, while still allowing relatively easy access via walking trails for the unfortunate medic(s) tasked with hauling my body off. Emergency vehicle access is possible, but slow, and so should eliminate the possibility of reaching a hospital in time to change anything. In my area, they're also closed at night, keeping me safe from random good Samaritans, and providing a further time cushion. Downside is I'd need to send out a scheduled text with my GPS coordinates to have a good chance of my body being found before it starts decomposing appreciably. I do also have a slight concern about death rattles knocking over the portable, folding canvas chair I'd be using in this location and interrupting my exit, but I'm probably being paranoid, given that my night-light kit is a ratchet tie down.

Location 2: A nearby hotel with balcony rooms and a river view. I figure I can book a room on a high floor (seclusion from street level), hit up the balcony, take in the view and CtB. Risk of being seen or having death rattles alerting anyone in time seems pretty low, and my body is guaranteed to be found. I live in a place with text-to-911, so I can even schedule a text so that EMS arrives before the cleaning staff stumbles across my body, and being out on the balcony eliminates concerns about contaminating the room or bed. Downside is that it's an inconvenience to the business, and I'm not sure about how the hotel would charge my credit card for not being able to check out/deliberately dying on their premises. (Since I have assets to leave to my loved ones, anything charged to my credit card would be recoverable against my estate, and I don't relish the thought of my beneficiaries having to fight it out with the hotel or credit card company after I'm gone.)

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Reactions: Celerity