Golden

Golden

Nov 16, 2023
So I've been thinking for quite some time now that my date would be on early January, possibly on the 3rd. I've thought that this way I wouldn't ruin the holidays for everybody in my life and I would have enough time to prepare. On the new year's eve I would see all my friends for the last time at a party. I thought this was a good plan. But now I've started to doubt it. Would people in my life associate the new year's eve with my suicide for the rest of their lives if that's when they see me for the last time? Is the 3rd of January too close to xmas/new year anyways not to ruin the holidays for everybody for the rest of their lives? Or is the exact date all that relevant to the amount of pain my death causes anyways? To my understanding there's quite a few people planning to ctb on January, what are your thoughts?

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
There is never a perfect time. I would say just CTB when you have reached your limit. Spur of the moment is more likely to come to fruition than meticulously planning it out IMO.

• Love
Reactions: Golden
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
My initial plan was to do it on my birthday, as to join two different dates of grief into one. But my parents wanted to see me on the day, and I thought it would be cruel to not allow it. It would be on November 25th (Thanksgiving is not a thing here, so it wouldn't become a problem in the future). I strongly believe I would ruin the end of year celebrations, though. Past losses were always older people, like my grandfather, or my aunt, and my relatives all celebrated normally. I don't know how the family would deal with the death of a descendant though. Maybe my other relatives would try to drag my parents to the festivities as an attempt to distract them? Well, I don't know. The pain is inevitable. As MatrixPrisoner said, there is never a perfect time. The closest people will grief and remember you at anytime, not only close to when you died.

• Love
Reactions: Golden