thevaccumguy

thevaccumguy

Feb 14, 2023
Firstly , I read a lot, but in no way am a psychologist or anthropologist, so these are purely idle thoughts. With that out of the way, isn't human instinct of self preservation really buggy, especially compared to other animals on Earth?

Like , human beings sometimes get their idea and inspiration of self harm from really stupid things. I don't think any animal would think that ' damn, I don't think imma get any mates this season, better go drown myself' - sounds stupid I know, but this........this has to be loneliness as well right? Is it because we are too advanced for our own good, or it's our consciousness that creates a kind of survival of the fittest? Notes from Underground portrays it really well I think, how a really high (potent?) consciousness becomes from a man's greatest asset to a crippling disease.

Like, we humans don't have any kind of really apparent factor that can determine if we're gonna live a long life or not, by living I mean eating, shitting and sleeping btw. I think our consciousness itself has become, or is supposed to become eventually a culling factor to keep our species in check. Am i saying evolution is supposed to finish it's chain in a self-implosion? Nope, I'm not qualified enough. But you gotta admit, either we advanced waaaaaay too much for our own good, or probably it's also just a natural course of life.

Why am I babbling so much nonsense you ask? Simple, cuz I think the people who totally condemn any kind of attempt of self harm, or even 'normal' folks, it's some sort of a denial. Like denial that if you get out of your house today, there's a good chance you'll get stabbed by a mugger, it's just that they deny that they also have the same problems that we do, just of a different magnitude maybe. Our self-preservation tries to end it all to finally be free, and their self-preservation deny that just to , well, preserve it's notion of living.

Sooooooo yeah, the conclusion I arrived at is that we are really advanced human species , or prolly some kind of mind x-men and others are just boring regular folks.

Peace out!!!!

Reactions: Sulyya
MissionSucksAssFul

MissionSucksAssFul

Any help I can offer is gladly given :)
Mar 2, 2023
personally I always found intelect and reason to spring out of individuals who've suffered. like the more you suffer the more you think.
it makes sense to me because if you're happy you don't think! you're just distracted singing songs in your head or whatever. whereas if you suffer you just curl up, cry, and think for a bit (ask yourself questions like: Why am I even alive? When will the suffering end? Why am I such an idiot? etc.)... and I think the more you do that maybe the better you get... let me know if this makes sense to you

Reactions: thevaccumguy
thevaccumguy

thevaccumguy

Feb 14, 2023
personally I always found intelect and reason to spring out of individuals who've suffered. like the more you suffer the more you think.
it makes sense to me because if you're happy you don't think! you're just distracted singing songs in your head or whatever. whereas if you suffer you just curl up, cry, and think for a bit (ask yourself questions like: Why am I even alive? When will the suffering end? Why am I such an idiot? etc.)... and I think the more you do that maybe the better you get... let me know if this makes sense to you
Yeah, quite like that 'dumb person brave because dumb person no brain' thingy. Yeah I get you point. feel like the more you think, over time the wave of hopelessness just gets worse and worse.

Reactions: MissionSucksAssFul
Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
That speculation brings up a question - about how many people actually have suicide cross their mind, depressed or not.

- There are people who aggressively hate the concept and embracing of it, the sort of people who hate this forum. These people are perfectly likely to have, even very occasional, suicidal intrusive thoughts if not rationalizing. They fight it instead of investigating it.
- 'Normies' as well, people who are on the surface just dudebros or mall girls, they have human brains and private thoughts too. In fact those personalities they present may come from being more suceptible in some ways to it and they escape it with fitting in socially, accessible hobbies etc... also including the cheery 'ignorance is bliss' types who Mission described - they probably get it too.

It may be a human instinct and hits everybody, everywhere. Like all aspects of being human it varies in everyone but is part of the makeup.

Reactions: thevaccumguy
thevaccumguy

thevaccumguy

Feb 14, 2023
That speculation brings up a question - about how many people actually have suicide cross their mind, depressed or not.

- There are people who aggressively hate the concept and embracing of it, the sort of people who hate this forum. These people are perfectly likely to have, even very occasional, suicidal intrusive thoughts if not rationalizing. They fight it instead of investigating it.
- 'Normies' as well, people who are on the surface just dudebros or mall girls, they have human brains and private thoughts too. In fact those personalities they present may come from being more suceptible in some ways to it and they escape it with fitting in socially, accessible hobbies etc... also including the cheery 'ignorance is bliss' types who Mission described - they probably get it too.

It may be a human instinct and hits everybody, everywhere. Like all aspects of being human it varies in everyone but is part of the makeup.
Reasonable. It's like any kind of human tendencies, violence and stuff. What makes the difference between a regular guy and a mass murderer is the different approach they take towards it.
Just remembered reading somewhere that suicide is merely not having a reason to live, rather than a wish to die. Anybody who just spontaneously wants to drop dead for no reason at all may be tbh potentially dangerous to be around, but literally everyone has a reason not to live.

Reactions: Sulyya