feeling_the_pull

feeling_the_pull

Oct 13, 2024
I'm a good few weeks into therapy, and I think it started off well, but I'm not so sure anymore. I feel like I'm oversimplifying my thoughts to my therapist and somehow tricking him into thinking I'm actively working on myself. Honestly I'm starting to feel bad that I involved him in my issues, because now I am thinking about how he might feel if I'm not doing well. I don't think it's fair that he has to deal with me coming in and putting in little effort and just having a crisis. Does anyone else experience this?

Reactions: divinemistress36
S

Sleepycat

Mar 31, 2023
I didnt find any doctor useful. I find i dont respect or trust them enough to properly share. They over charge for nothing but sitting there and "listening". I have never seen their good works or their give a fuck. I have seen them not even talk to me before shoving pills at me without any explainations.

On the side of you feeling bad for wasting his time. Thats backwards. You are PAYING him hes fine. You are wasting your own time in that office. If you have the means hack through the doctors till you find one you can and will talk too. People have told me they exhist... somewhere.

Reactions: TAW122
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
As someone who went in the past (many years ago), yeah I second sleepycat for the most part, it's at best a waste of time (and money) and at worst, possibly incarceration and being held against your will for your own safety for saying the "wrong things" (yes I know people skirt around technicalities, but that's playing with fire and one is bound to get burned at some point).

I have such strong stances on this very topic I even wrote a megathread discussing it. (Also just in case anyone is trying to convince me otherwise, I've already made up my mind and not interesting in changing my stance nor arguing and justifying it further.)

DeadNotSleeping

DeadNotSleeping

Look at my wrist! Gotta go.
Oct 7, 2024
I used to think that therapy would solve all my problems. I totally agree with the oversimplification part. My issue is I'd oversimplify things, then feel like I'm letting them down if I'm not showing progress so I end up lying about how I'm doing. Only just recently have I started being fully honest. Not so much hoping for something to work/fix me but I guess just coming to terms with how I've felt for a while. So while I don't think it's helping, I do find having someone to talk to that I can be completely honest with is nice sometimes.