dopaminenthusiast

dopaminenthusiast

i dream of dying in my dreams
May 4, 2024
I've been thinking lately about death, but more about the decision followed by the act of ending your life.
The reasons why i choose to end my life are far away the problems i actually have (mental health issues, economical problems, familiar, etc, you get the idea). And these are my thoughts about the world we live in with the people we live with. It's all horrible.
I'm not saying every people alive is a bad person, i don't really think there are either good or bad people (we're all in between) and I'm not denying all the pretty things in the world, even the small ones. But don't you ever think about the shit things there are happening all around the world? and don't you get anxious about all the shit that doesn't even happened yet? and doesn't it gets really frustrating when you stopped worrying about something that another thing, just as awful as the last one, happens? i bet you can read about catastrophes, wars, crimes and just hate in general for a entire day long.
In conclusion, I'm not trying to convince anyone to kill themselves, but I can't stop myself from thinking, why wouldn't they? I mean, it's something amazing to have a reason to wake up everyday, but why pro-life people don't think about OUR reasons?
Everywhere i look at, there is only hate and judgement toward us, towards the people who decided not to keep living. And I can't understand why.
I'm a psych student, I find the human being very interesting and I'm passionate about studying the human behavior. I'm sure there's a reason behind everything. I'm also a suicidal person who tries to advocate for the right to die we all have.
I just thought it would be incredible to get my degree and use it to fight for us, for our right to choose if we want to keep going or not, and try to find a way to die peacefully like we all want without having to dig into the dark web or something just to buy Nembutal.
I know I'm just daydreaming here, I won't live to achieve any of that. But the idea of having something worth living for it's nice. I hope someday, someone out there can be brave enough to be our voice, because idk about you but I'm tired of feeling ignored, judged or even criminalized for my thoughts, my opinions.
In my country about 9 people commit suicide per day, but you can't even pronounce the word without being left apart (in the best case, ignored).
Anyways, I'm just venting i think, but I'd like to hear your thoughts about this. I'm sorry if any of this sounded silly, I promise I make more sense in my native language.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, futurebuscatcher, Moniker and 8 others
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
bet you can read about catastrophes, wars, crimes and just hate in general for a entire day long.
If you mean online, you could spend a lifetime with the amount of awfulness and hate that is online, not to mention history.

I believe strongly in the right to die movement. It doesn't sound silly, the world is truly going to shit and anyone who can't admit that is in denial.

• Love
Reactions: divinemistress36, Moniker, ijustwishtodie and 6 others
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
I, for one am not "pro suicide" but rather pro choice. There are things in each of our individual lives that's nobody's freaking business.
Just my 2 cents worth🌹💔

• Love
Reactions: divinemistress36, notsadtogo, Moniker and 11 others
W

wren-briar

Jul 1, 2024
I think you made a lot of sense. (The punctuation was odd, but your sentiments were still clear.)

I think it's great that opening minds and making the world a truly safer and kinder place for folks who believe in the right to CTB is your goal!

Yes, the world, in general, is a sucky place. For me, that isn't the reason I'm going to CTB, if anything, before I was made actively suicidal, I tried to use my strengths to improve the world around me. For me, I was made actively suicidial when the medical and supposed MH "professionals" denied me needed medical care and instead subjected me to unasked for, unwanted, unneeded, and exclusively traumatizing psychiatric crisis bullsh't. I needed to be able to trust them, but they proved repeatedly and egregiously that I was only going to be seen as an incorrect MH diagnosis.

In addition to suicide as a right, you might also be interested in looking into the human rights violations that most psychiatric crisis bullsh't consists of, as well as actually humane and helpful alternatives such as "peer respite centers".

Regardless, I really appreciate your goals, hope you well in your work, and hope that when it's your time to CTB that the world is more understanding and supportive than it is now!

Reactions: LifeQuitter, Plato'sCaveDweller, Moniker and 1 other person
dopaminenthusiast

dopaminenthusiast

i dream of dying in my dreams
May 4, 2024
If you mean online, you could spend a lifetime with the amount of awfulness and hate that is online, not to mention history.

I believe strongly in the right to die movement. It doesn't sound silly, the world is truly going to shit and anyone who can't admit that is in denial.
i mean everywhere, i try to take a break from the internet every once in a while because everything is so overwhelming but you turn on the tv and still see the stuff happening. or even in the normal things like going out for a walk you can see the people suffering. it's just so much.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, Plato'sCaveDweller, Moniker and 3 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'm pro choice as I think that suicide should be a personal decision to make but, just like you, I'm also in awe at how many people aren't suicidal. Their lives seem terrible to me as all they're doing is miserably wage slaving their lives away. I also don't understand as to why people in third world countries don't kill themselves either. This world really is strange

• Love
Reactions: divinemistress36, LifeQuitter, wren-briar and 2 others
Moniker

Moniker

Nov 1, 2023
I don't think this could be considered pro-suicide, but I sometimes ponder if things would be better if nothing existed. I don't mean mass death or anything, but if the universe just popped out of existence one day. All suffering would cease to exist in a single moment.

Imaginary hypotheticals aside, I'm firmly pro-choice. I just find it very difficult to rationalize how any person could want to exist in this world.

• Love
Reactions: opheliaoveragain
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
I don't think this could be considered pro-suicide, but I sometimes ponder if things would be better if nothing existed. I don't mean mass death or anything, but if the universe just popped out of existence one day. All suffering would cease to exist in a single moment.

Imaginary hypotheticals aside, I'm firmly pro-choice. I just find it very difficult to rationalize how any person could want to exist in this world.
I have these thoughts myself. well said 🤍🤍

Reactions: Moniker
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm pro-choice. So, in most regards, I would understand and respect an individual's right to want to die and to do it. Do I think suicide is the best thing for everyone on this planet? Regardless of whether they actually want to die or not? No. It's up to them to decide.

Neither do I think they are delusional because they want to live. Anymore than we are delusional because we want to die. Surely, a lot comes down to preferences and tolerances. Some people do actually seem to like enough about life to put up with the bad stuff. I don't imagine people would keep procreating and be so against suicide if the majority view was promortalist.

I find extremism in either direction is someone simply projecting their positive or negative view on life on everyone else and ignoring what that person truly wants and feels. I don't think that's helpful in either case. It means there's no understanding there. No real want to understand. They just want to bulldoze everyone else over with their own ideas.

I don't actually think many people here are entirely promortalist or pro-suicide though. I think the majority here do respect a person's right to choose. I think here, we mostly get people who are pro-choice but with maybe more of a promortalist or pro-life bias.