• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

O

orca87

Mage
Mar 22, 2023
Something that came to my mind, just as a thought experiment.

Let's say, you want to ctb, but you still fear the process of it, not being dead itself.

You would have an app where you regularly (daily) check in and rate your desire to ctb 1 to 10.
If it is constantly above a certain threshold, the "process" starts: you're dead within, lets say 2 weeks. The way it works is that you're constantly followed by a hitman who will just shoot you at a random day, at a random time during these 2 weeks. If your daily checkin for ctb desire is below a certain threshold, the process is reset and starts over again. You can — at any time — choose to end the daily check ins in which case nothing would happen.

There is a component of randomness to it so you don't have to fear of SI while "doing" it.

So now, what if we'd have a "death machine" that works in a similar fashion? You have your daily check ins and you'd connect a sleep sensor to that machine. If based on the rules above the machine picks a random day as being your last day, it will wait until your sleep sensor monitors a deep sleep phase and then release enough CO in your bedroom to kill you without notice in your sleep.

It's just a thought experiment, but do you like the idea?

Last edited:
Reactions: redbathingduck and lessthanperfect
L

lessthanperfect

Student
Mar 30, 2023
Better turn in my two weeks' resignation. (/s)

That sounds great honestly if suicide was socially and legally acceptable and assisted suicide was as well.

Reactions: orca87
redbathingduck

redbathingduck

Student
Mar 20, 2023
It's interesting how you come up with these unique methods every now and then, like the coaster last time haha. The death machine sounds pretty nice and peaceful and I'd like it myself but I could imagine people being too anxious to go to sleep every night because of the uncertainty of will it happen or not. I feel like for some the survival instinct would still kick in just because of the possibility of it being their last night, even if they want to ctb. Think the randomness might be too anxiety inducing for people but I do like the idea, it sure sounds comfortable to me at least

Reactions: lessthanperfect and orca87
monstercatering

monstercatering

Apr 4, 2023
This is a really interesting idea. In my CTB attempts I always practically forced myself into it, once I decide on a method I would neglect almost all responsibilities mentally preparing myself and overcoming my survival instincts through fear of consequence(failing grades, more family issues, etc.).

Here however it would be a more objective reasoning without the anxiety(/anxiety from those specific consequences) but also in this dream scenario I wouldn't have to build up that reasoning as the survival instincts aren't involved.

Reactions: lessthanperfect and orca87
O

orca87

Mage
Mar 22, 2023
I could imagine people being too anxious to go to sleep every night
I totally get your point. Probably you'd need to adjust the time spans and rules a little bit.

My idea here was that after a time you get used to go sleep with that uncertainty but at the same time, you constantly check in if you really want it.

If my theory is right and one can get used to it, then that should cause less anxiety than actively doing something yourself or by knowing "it's gonna happen tonight" (in which case I believe I'd have trouble falling asleep)

Last edited:
Reactions: lessthanperfect and redbathingduck
O

orca87

Mage
Mar 22, 2023
Nightmare conspiracy version if it: everyone is constantly assessed by an AI.

If you're suicidal the AI assesses your chances of recovery and kills you if there is no chance.

All of that without you even knowing what happens

• Aww..
Reactions: Valky and Teikoku