J

JohnTheFisherman

Nov 20, 2023
Hi, my current main obstacle in CTB is that pesky SI I'm sure many of us are familiar with, I want to hear from those who've really attempted and failed, how were you able to push past those annoying little what-ifs and doubts? How did you make the final leap and firmly decide "this is it"? I know for a fact there is no hope for anything but suffering for me, but my SI always seems to stop me at the last second

Last edited:
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
The survival instinct has no meaning if the pain of living is stronger - you just want the pain to go away.

Reactions: _Minsk and hermestrimegistus
carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
it's more like a battle of wills, once you genuinely have no reason to believe it gets better, once your mind has lost all hope in living, it will not have a si anymore. you either reach a point si won't affect you anymore, or you overwhelm your si by your own will .

• Informative
Reactions: lostall_hope11 and _Minsk
J

JohnTheFisherman

Nov 20, 2023
The survival instinct has no meaning if the pain of living is stronger - you just want the pain to go away.
The only way for the pain to cease is to cease living, but many methods have some form or another of intense physical pain; I don't have access to instantaneous methods
it's more like a battle of wills, once you genuinely have no reason to believe it gets better, once your mind has lost all hope in living, it will not have a si anymore. you either reach a point si won't affect you anymore, or you overwhelm your si by your own will .
I'm in a strange spot then, because I know there is truly no hope for me to live a life worth living, I know CTB is the correct option, but when the pain of certain methods starts to become intense my animal instincts kick in, give in to false hopes