ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Just to clarify, I do believe that any reason for being suicidal is valid but those with a failure story as their reason for being suicidal fascinates me. I think it's because these stories goes against the values that society teaches, that you can supposedly achieve anything if you tried hard enough. So those who fail to get employed despite trying, those who fail to get a partner despite trying, those who fail to be a human despite trying etc is so oddly intriguing. And, yes, i am one of these people but that isn't why I'm intrigued in these anecdotes.

I find any truth that goes against what the masses preach as intriguing and this is one of them as this, in my opinion, goes against the claim that you can succeed if you try hard enough or that your best is always good enough. Sometimes, your best isn't good enough just like how my best isn't good enough

• Hugs
Reactions: user56765567, LoiteringClouds, ADeadBunny and 2 others
ADeadBunny

ADeadBunny

🪦 July 20th, 2003 - January 8th, 2024
Nov 19, 2023
Yeah, my best wasn't good enough to live an average life. In spite of what I might've told myself in the past, all I really wanted was to be normal. I hated how I was told that I was enough ehen I very clearly wasn't. I was angry, suicidal, paranoid. Not enough to be accepted by the society I desperately wanted to participate in.

I'm sorry for all those who felt that same hurt. I'm sorry you have felt it. I hope you find resolve somehow.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: UnwillingSavior, BrainShower and LoiteringClouds
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Hey, then you'll absolutely love me!

Everyday is a struggle to do simple things and when I vent to others they say "well you just have to live with it" which led me here. No, I don't want to live with it.

• Hugs
Reactions: BrainShower, ADeadBunny and LoiteringClouds
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i "enjoy" the hypocrisy of it.
they preach acceptance and yet this is a problem instead of just accepting that everyone has their own weaknesses and strengths. there shouldnt be such thing as failure, especially to this extent if they actually followed through with their own words. then it would simply be "this just isnt for me and i need help with it. but im good at other things" instead of "im a failure"

U

user56765567

In recovery and getting help
Oct 1, 2023
That is me as well and I feel like my life has been like one failure after another and no matter how hard I try I'll never be able to make it to the mountain top or to the promise land and I'll never be good enough for other people to wanna be friends with me or have anything else to do with me in any good sense. It feels like I'm destined to rot away alone at home forever.

• Hugs
Reactions: BrainShower and LoiteringClouds
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I don't think that saying was perpetuated by the masses. I think it is constantly being reiterated when someone who was in the right place, at the right time, with the right circumstances accomplishes a rare and amazing feat. It then becomes stuff of lore. More often than not, I feel that it is a disservice. The fact of the matter is, 99% of people will never amount to anything more than fulfilling the boring, menial tasks society needs to function. A few criminals and people that just don't give AF will hoard all of the wealth. That's just how it works.

Little Fat Brian, that comes from a broken home, that sits in the back of class and reads at a level 3 grades behind, will never "accomplish anything he sets his mind to". He will most likely be a stock boy or a factory worker. His parents were stupid to think that he would be destined to be anything else.

• Love
Reactions: BrainShower, Rogue Proxy and LoiteringClouds