throwaway9901

throwaway9901

Sep 15, 2023
I'm using mobile data on my phone as I type this.

I tried hopping onto the site just now on my PC. The site was given one of those "attackers might be trying to steal information" warnings you get on sketchy websites.

I knew this was the right website and clicked "proceed anyways" only to see the website had been blocked due to it being "Tasteless"

I tried on my phone as well and got the same result, and then got the idea to cut my internet and use mobile data. Boom, it worked :D

The thing that concerns me is how am I supposed to access this site now? I don't particularly like using my phone to navigate websites. Also, I had been accessing this site normally up until this point.

I was always under the assumption that your internet history wasn't looked at by the provider unless you were doing actually criminal things (although they could easily have just decided to block it at the same time I started using it as a coincidence)

So unless that's the case, that means someone at my internet provider's been going through my history (or me visiting this site flagged it)

Any workarounds? Should a VPN work? I don't want to have to pay for one of those, I'm already low enough on funds as it is.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I think it's your ISP blocking you it's the firewall. Did you restart your router to get a new IP from your ISP? There are free VPNs, "secure browsers" that don't store a history and may have a built in VPN option.

I think Proton VPN has a free option, as a browser you could use EpicBrowser.

Reactions: Lostandlooking and pthnrdnojvsc
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
what country you in and what internet provider do you use?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Mad World

Mad World

Here comes autumn.
Sep 22, 2023
I'm using mobile data on my phone as I type this.

I tried hopping onto the site just now on my PC. The site was given one of those "attackers might be trying to steal information" warnings you get on sketchy websites.

I knew this was the right website and clicked "proceed anyways" only to see the website had been blocked due to it being "Tasteless"

I tried on my phone as well and got the same result, and then got the idea to cut my internet and use mobile data. Boom, it worked :D

The thing that concerns me is how am I supposed to access this site now? I don't particularly like using my phone to navigate websites. Also, I had been accessing this site normally up until this point.

I was always under the assumption that your internet history wasn't looked at by the provider unless you were doing actually criminal things (although they could easily have just decided to block it at the same time I started using it as a coincidence)

So unless that's the case, that means someone at my internet provider's been going through my history (or me visiting this site flagged it)

Any workarounds? Should a VPN work? I don't want to have to pay for one of those, I'm already low enough on funds as it is.
You may be able to get around this by changing your DNS server to CloudFlare & Google rather than your ISP's. You may also use a VPN (ProtonVPN is free - unlimited) if the terms allow it. IIRC VPN's are only blocked during the registration process on SaSu.

Due to the security pop up you got, I am going to assume your ISP is blocking it via DNS. More information on changing it can be found here:

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and pthnrdnojvsc